Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My wife and I just became the care takers to a 16 month old Standard named Wallace. He is a stud for the guidedog foundation for the blind.

Our dogs have always been Westies but we just could resist caring for this guy and helping him with his mission. Plus he loves getting his picture taken !

Hopefully we can learn a lot here !!

Lou

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! What a lovely boy and what a honourable thing he is involved in. I have a breeder friend who has donated puppies to the Lion's Club for their guide dog program, and I have thought it is something I would like to do as well. It is nice to be able to know you are doing something that will make an enormous difference in someone's life. Please share about the group he is involved in. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Guidedog Foundation for the Blind is based in Smithtown NY, they train and provide guidedogs for those who need them. Their sister organization, America's Vetdogs, provides dogs to returning soldiers that have PTSD and dogs to military hospitials for therapy.

They use labs, goldens and poodles (for those who may have allergies)

The Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind for more info

A great organization !!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Lou. You are doing a very admirable thing in raising this youngster for the blind or a vet. He has wonderful, soulful eyes.

I went to the site you linked us to and am so impressed with what they do.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Do you know anything about Wallace's breeding--breeder, sire dam? It's always nice to know who is producing the sort of temperament capable of the work.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What a beautiful dog!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts