Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm I'm going to bump this, but I don't know if anyone will get it! It's kind of a trick question. :) I'll reveal all tomorrow regardless...

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
perhaps it should be posted in the other thread for this game! But give it a day or two anyway, not all of us come on at every opportunity and the time zones differ a lot on here so let everyone have a chance to come and see it... lol!!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
perhaps it should be posted in the other thread for this game! But give it a day or two anyway, not all of us come on at every opportunity and the time zones differ a lot on here so let everyone have a chance to come and see it... lol!!
True dat... I didn't want to hijack the other thread! I'll give it a couple of days. But as a hint, people need to think outside the box. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
we just had a big rescue in billings involving these dogs there were over two hundred english sheps and a whole array of other animals.... it was pretty bad.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope, not a golden retriever nor a english shepherd.

A new hint - focus on the structure/ markings, not the coat type. :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As the guesses have dried up, I'm gonna reveal!

It was kind of a trick... Because the dog in the photo is!

A Portugese Water Dog! PWD's can have improper coats, and that's what they look like when they do. Just like a border collie IMO. It can happen when 2 wavy dogs are bred together (PWDs have 2 coat types, wavy and curly).

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reallly? That doesn't look like a PWD at ALL! I thought it was this Finnish or Swedish spaniel dog that I can't remember the name of
I know it's crazy huh? I can barely believe it's a PWD. But we know it is because we know the breeder and my mom temperament tested the litter, so she saw him when he was a wee thing. She actually fell deeply in love with him, apparently he has an amazing temperament. Unfortunately though improperly coated PWDs can shed, so she probably would have had allergies to him.

It's just crazy what they look like under all that hair!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts