Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FB is such a weird place - especially dog groups. People posting supposedly asking for help with this or that problem but then jumping down your throat if you actually offer suggestions. It is truly sad that anyone can own a dog because clearly so many don't deserve them. They put zero effort into learning about the realities of owning a dog, zero effort in preparation for the arrival and then are "disappointed" when left to their own devices the dog makes the smallest mistake because it was never taught better. Potty training is just the tip of the iceberg. It is a true testament to the intelligence of dogs and their adjustability that they do not lash out against people more often than they do... end of rant - sorry it's been a weird day on facebook..

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
My dog is getting in the garbage, how can I stop my dog from doing this?

You answer.

They get angry at your answer.

Repeat.

Oh yes, Facebook dog groups are frustrating. I've logged off and I'm a lot happier for it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dog is getting in the garbage, how can I stop my dog from doing this?

You answer.

They get angry at your answer.

Repeat.

Oh yes, Facebook dog groups are frustrating. I've logged off and I'm a lot happier for it.
Haha! How did you know? That was almost verbatim the exchange I was referring to today... it's just exhausting..

·
Premium Member
22,992 Posts
I only belong to FB dog groups for clubs I belong to and facilities I train at and therefore know the people in the real world. I never try to tell anyone how to potty train or how to keep them out of the garbage, such a time wasting effort. At least 90%+ of people here who ask for help are genuinely interested in getting help and trying new methods. Poodle peeps are the best!

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Yup, Poodle Peeps are the best. I logged off Facebook for months and I'm a much happier person. Facebook Service Dog Groups are full of people who shouldn't be training a stuffed animal. I got in "trouble" for Noelle being in competition. Why does a service dog need to learn competition heel?

A child is walking toward us with an ice cream cone at dog nose height. Noelle, heel! Noelle looks up, gets lined up, heels with energy right past the kid with the ice cream cone. And THAT is why competition heel is useful. But, no, I'm wrong for training that.

·
Premium Member
22,992 Posts
Yup, Poodle Peeps are the best. I logged off Facebook for months and I'm a much happier person. Facebook Service Dog Groups are full of people who shouldn't be training a stuffed animal. I got in "trouble" for Noelle being in competition. Why does a service dog need to learn competition heel?

A child is walking toward us with an ice cream cone at dog nose height. Noelle, heel! Noelle looks up, gets lined up, heels with energy right past the kid with the ice cream cone. And THAT is why competition heel is useful. But, no, I'm wrong for training that.

Just uggghhhh!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I generally stay out of the conversations,poodle or not, on groups. I have always said I am more a watcher than a participant!

Martha

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
All online interactions are the same because it is easy to hide and criticize behind a screen but much harder to act so shamelessly face to face. Facebook and all social media should be used knowing its limitations. It is meant to be used to share photos and have short comments. I don’t take anything on it too seriously or personally because there is a lot of gaslighting. People also dog pile and all you have to do is turn off the notification. Usually it isn’t worth the engagement.

If you use it knowing it’s limitations, Facebook can be a useful resource. You can learn a lot of helpful info from people with similar interest and get quick feedback. Personally, I am there because I enjoy the funny memes and cute animal photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts