Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, sooooo I have caught the creative grooming bug... dang, maybe hubby should have insisted on a black dog. Ever since we chalked her ears purple at work we have been tossing around different color styles for the various holidays. Thanksgiving being behind us and Christmas being next on the list I took Jazzers with me to the shop today and set to work. She will be marching in the upcomming Christmas parade sporting this look at the request of one of the shop owners.

A little more than just the ear highlights we did before but hopefuly we are still short of "over the top". She's a candy cane (kinda) in case it's not immedietly obvious.

We ditched the chalk and did this design with Crayola blow pens, which is easier to wash out than the chalk. She will also have a stenciled christmas tree shape on her hip but we ran out of time today. The bright side is that you don't even need shampoo to wash this stuff out if you mess it up so long as you rinse it within a few hours. We are considering using a dye to make this design a little more perm. since we want to keep her like this all month and it will be really busy in the shop the closer we get to christmas. Whooo 12 hour days 6 days a week... I can't wait. Anyway we might not have a lot of time for touch ups so it would be nice not to have to.

Here is a pic of my hubby seeing Jazz's new color for the first time. He actualy likes it, though he swore he wouldn't. I don't think he'll want this much all the time but for christmas he says it's "ok'. So long as it's safe and comes off after the holiday.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh gosh, don't get me started on her haircut. Her previous owner shaved her naked every three months or so. I actualy haven't been able to cut her hair other than her face and feet since we got her. Only scissored her back end so it didn't look bushy lol.

·
Registered
554 Posts
That is so cute! She looks cute but not so cutesy its silly or anything! I think my hubby would even think it looked nice!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:banghead:
Jazz went to the dog park sporting her new look today and dang if she didn't get all slobber on by this big huge heavens only knows what kind of mix that apparently thought she was extra spiffy and was making some rather obvious advances :) The ink had faded somewhat over night and a lighter red/pink and the green parts had started to fade to a blue-ish green... well monster, no seriously that was his name, got the dye all extra wet and slobbery so that Jazz's legs now look like she was in horriable accident or some kind. There is also a lovely green splotch on her neck where the green dye and slobber mixture rubbed off on her and on the other side her pretty face has a greenish cats to it. Nice :) Next time we will set the color in a little better so it won't smear like that. Dern it!!! :shot:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hey at least you got pics BEFORE it got all messed up! :whoo:

At least you are learning what works, and unfortunately what doesn't!:banghead:

·
Registered
912 Posts
She looks great - if I had a white I'd be trying thst too. I have a box of chalk under my grooming table just haven't been game enough to ask a client if I can try it on their dog :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're lucky blue fox, I can't ask a client a if I can practice color on their dog, although I have plenty of clients who ask me. It's not technicaly legal where I am for me to dye anyone else's dog.

I screwed Jazz up today BIG time with my first adventure with an actual simi perm dye. Pic's comming soon! :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts