Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This ones for a mini poo. Dad is spoiling me & the pup for my birthday, and on the list is a crate. Not sure I'm totally sold on them yet but heck it's worth a shot.

Anyway, I'm having trouble figuring out the sizes. I think I've managed to narrow it down to 24 or 30", except the breed suitablities I've googled confuse me. For example, how can a 24" be okay for a mini poodle, and also a much smaller yorkie and bishon, but then the same website reccomends 30" for a minpin & Dachshund? Or do I just have a quirky dog size scale in my mind?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
This ones for a mini poo. Dad is spoiling me & the pup for my birthday, and on the list is a crate. Not sure I'm totally sold on them yet but heck it's worth a shot.

Anyway, I'm having trouble figuring out the sizes. I think I've managed to narrow it down to 24 or 30", except the breed suitablities I've googled confuse me. For example, how can a 24" be okay for a mini poodle, and also a much smaller yorkie and bishon, but then the same website reccomends 30" for a minpin & Dachshund? Or do I just have a quirky dog size scale in my mind?
I have that size for the poms. And its very big for them, plenty of room. My one pom is 13lbs.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Family 052.jpg Heres a pics of ours.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
I use a 24" crate for my minipoo and it's just fine. When he was a young pup I partioned it in half and now use it "full-size," as he is his full-size, a whopping 16" tall and 20 lbs. I leave his topnot long and it's comical how some of it pokes through the top of the cage when he stands up. When that happens I call him "Alfalfa," like the kid with the cowlick in "The Little Rascals" tv show.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I like to hear, the 24" is way cheaper lol :) But I don't want to cramp the pup either! Who's now fully grown, and its about time I refered to him as Duncan. (mental note to self)
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yes, 24 inch is plenty. Now do you think DAD will got for the one that looks like a piece of furniture with some grating on the sides? They can sit beside the sofa with a lamp on them and no one notices the dog in a cage. There is also one that looks like rattan or wicker but its made from plastic. Very Homey. CVS phamacy has really soft fluffy circular small dog beds for $5.99 (the regular price)...I just got 2 more. they are easy to put in the washer too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts