Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Beatrice she has had pudding diarrhea all day, bless her she did it all on pee pads while I was away at work, I came home to find she had a raw poopy bottom so off the vet we went. While I waited to see the vet Bea was passing some awful gas. Luckily Bea isn't dehydrated, otherwise is unaffected, eating drinking normally. The vet shaved and cleaned up Bea's backside. The only thing that was out of the normal is I was cleaning out my bird cages and Bea may have eaten bird poop. Not sure.

To top things off, while I was paying the bill Bea had liquid diarrhea in front of the reception desk. Poor baby.

So it's Metronidazole twice a day and a bland diet for 8 days, NeoPredef Powder with Tetracaine applied to her anus twice a day until it heals.

Raw bottom alert yikes

20190131_193246 (1777x2000).jpg

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Yikes, that is a raw bottom and she must be really sore. Hopefully the medications will kick in quickly and she’ll be back to normal quickly.

Reactions: twyla

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Poor Bea and Poor you! I hope tomorrow is better. Flagyl is wonderful.

Reactions: zooeysmom and twyla

·
Premium Member
6,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oi yeah I hope this is nothing, Beatrice worries me so, her backside didn't look like that this morning.

·
Premium Member
6,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, it's been a long couple days for me and Beatrice, hoping the meds do their magic

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
Poor thing! I hope the meds and cream are fast acting. You are the best Tpoo Mom - on it immediately with the vet.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
What a look she's giving you :) ! Hope the meds clear this up soon, poor baby Bea.

·
Premium Member
6,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Poor thing! I hope the meds and cream are fast acting. You are the best Tpoo Mom - on it immediately with the vet.
Thank you Mfmst, it'd been a day and saw she was worse what else could I do, better to treat quickly.

·
Premium Member
6,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a look she's giving you :) ! Hope the meds clear this up soon, poor baby Bea.
Yeah well Bea is a bit put out as she cried and fussed when the vet clean up and shaved her painful bottom. Heck I'd give me stick eye. Thanks Rose n Poos I will take all the well wising I can for Little Bea.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
All my sympathy for Bea's bottom! It reminds me of when a baby has a severe diaper rash.....OUCH! I wonder if a diaper rash cream would help soothe it? I once used Buodreaux's Butt Paste on Mollys feet to soothe razor burn ( early days of learning to do her tiny feet LOL!) and it seemed to do the job quite well!

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Ouch - poor Bea. Hope it is already feeling better, and the diarrhoea has eased. What a good girl to make it to the pads despite her discomfort.

·
Premium Member
6,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again, Beatrice still has a little diarrhea this morning, same amount as she had yesterday. Her bottom although red looks dry, so here's to hoping she has a better day today.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Poor poor Bea, having a sore bum is not fun at all. I hope she will be all better soon. What a good girl she is getting to those pads.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts