1,947 Posts
=[
I'll move to Washington so I can get that 7mo spoo
thats so sad
I'd be heart broken if I ever had to rehome Elphaba

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Both of those cases are sad. If I were closer to Washington, I'd be tempted to adopt the little blind toy.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
=[
I'll move to Washington so I can get that 7mo spoo
thats so sad
I'd be heart broken if I ever had to rehome Elphaba
Could always set up some kind of carpool to get her to Ohio. poor thing needs a good home that will keep her forever and the poor blind toy. Ive never heard of a dog being born blind, thats so sad.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I will bet that seven month old is going to be a huge challenge for someone. When they are telling people she lacked proper socialization early on, that spells trouble. She does need a forever home, but it would need to be the right person, and that person needs to have a ton of free time to dedicate to working with her.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Ive never heard of a dog being born blind, thats so sad.
I fostered a little dacshund/toy Australian shepherd cross about a year ago. When we got her she was about 7 weeks old and blind (born that way...) She did AWESOME in our home!! I have picures of her at work I think - I'll try to remember to attach them here later... We think she was able to see shadows, but not much else. She did bump into a few walls, furniture, other animals, etc., from time to time, but it really didn't take her long to figure out the layout of my house and she never, ever felt sorry for herself! She found a forever home with the mother of a local veterinary technician. The vet tech fell in love with her at one of her vet appointments and introduced her to her mother... it was :love: at first sight! LOL!!

OK... here's a picture of Charlie (who is a female, btw)

If this craigslist baby finds the right home with someone who won't over-protect or coddle her, she can grow up to be just a regular, happy dog!!! She's in my prayers!

·
Registered
440 Posts
on the first one they say "He lacked proper socialization" -um yeah! he's not a cute cuddly puppy anymore, he's an adolescent looking for fun and spunk! a lot of people really don't know what they're doing when it comes to dogs do they?!

if you don't take the time to train and teach your dog how to be a proper member of society then you are going to have an unsocialized dog on your hands! :doh: people amaze me- not sure why they still do, I should understand by now huh?

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Ooooh Plum...what a sweet little baby!! I am so happy she went on to have a lovely life. We used to groom blind dogs in Toronto, and they would have the layout of the shop memorized. In Charlie's eyes, and all other blind dogs I suppose, the way she "saw" the word is how all dogs saw the world. She wouldn't know other dogs can see. Dogs are so blessed in that they just accept. They don't compare their life to the dog down the street. They just accept. And if they are loved and treated well, life just goes on.

Yes Sparkleandspunk...humans are a constant source of amazement for me too.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
on the first one they say "He lacked proper socialization" -um yeah! he's not a cute cuddly puppy anymore, he's an adolescent looking for fun and spunk! a lot of people really don't know what they're doing when it comes to dogs do they?!

if you don't take the time to train and teach your dog how to be a proper member of society then you are going to have an unsocialized dog on your hands! :doh: people amaze me- not sure why they still do, I should understand by now huh?
I know some people do just give up :S

I told all my puppy owners that if they had any troubles and did not want to keep the puppy anymore they would have to return it to me.
I do not need a reason for the return of the dog just that he does not go from home to home.

Of course you try to find homes that are for ever but sometimes things happen that you could never expect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts