Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Asher Q'd in all his runs this weekend. He has 6 Q's of the 10 he needs for his next title. He loves this sport so much. It was unfortunately quite smokey out with the BC fires, but none of the dogs seemed effected by it and since the runs were only like a minute they weren't gasping it in for too long.
Asher did have a fall on his 2nd run but thankfully he was not injured or put off by it, just jumped right up and kept on chasing the 'bunny'. Will post videos once I'm have my other device to upload them.

Asher... isn't the most attractive runner (and his big hair doesn't help with the crazy eyes)

:bulgy-eyes:

Asher also received his Novice Sprinter (similar to fastcat in the states) certificate in the mail today so that's all official.
https://youtu.be/ns__GBhyROw

This was his ‘fall’ run
https://youtu.be/6RqneHao2i4

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
LOL I love the photos. He has the "wild eye" in pursuit. When Renn gets those eyes I know it means trouble. LOL

·
Premium Member
22,892 Posts
He is really into the chase! Lily used to get those crazy eyes on agility runs.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Great content. Thanks for sharing.

I gotta say though, the haircut looks a little out of place out there.

I understand there is more to Asher’s life than chase though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
What a dog!!! Love these pictures... he looks like he is enjoying himself to the max!
That boy is flying!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
[QUOTE
I love his pointed toes[/QUOTE]

The pointed toes are awesome! What an amazing dog. I didn’t even know you could do these kind of sports — what is it called? Chase or sprinting? He’s fast!
It’s smokey here too but better tonight:)
Great job Asher!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[QUOTE
I love his pointed toes
The pointed toes are awesome! What an amazing dog. I didn’t even know you could do these kind of sports — what is it called? Chase or sprinting? He’s fast!
It’s smokey here too but better tonight:)
Great job Asher![/QUOTE]

This event is called Chase Ability. It's a 600 yrd (I think, yrd or meter I can never remember which) and the dog simply has to chase the lure from start to finish without giving up to receive a qualifying run.

Asher also does Sprinters which is a new event to CKC. This is a 100 meter straight run (also following a lure though that isn't as big of a deal, they just need to make it from point a to point b) and they time the dog and then figure out how fast they are going and they get points based on their speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts