Poodle Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Annie survived the night. I think it only went to -14C.

Between the sweater, sleeping bag, and a duvet I tossed over top of us both I couldn't see her head all night and she was warm to the touch any time I checked. Her human was relatively warm, but Annie was a bit cold, so after a 5 am potty break (really Annie?! That's the coldest time of the night! And you want me to get out of bed and walk?!) she was shivering so got tucked in with me curled around her. By 7 am, I was stiff from being curled around a dog trying not to be pushed off my mat and she gave me those 'really? You wanna get up? I am pretty comfy here" eyes with a big stretch and flop over when I tried to get up. Dogs!

Only supposed to be -5C to -7 C tonight, I am happy.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I had to pick Annie up to get her into the car after our camping trip, she did NOT want to go home. Apparently a weekend spent off leash running is pretty awesome, even if she did have to sleep in a cold tent.

Still, I think her bed - I mean, my bed - and the couch have met with her approval. She has been conked out since we got home.

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,816 Posts
Annie survived the night. I think it only went to -14C.

Between the sweater, sleeping bag, and a duvet I tossed over top of us both I couldn't see her head all night and she was warm to the touch any time I checked. Her human was relatively warm, but Annie was a bit cold, so after a 5 am potty break (really Annie?! That's the coldest time of the night! And you want me to get out of bed and walk?!) she was shivering so got tucked in with me curled around her. By 7 am, I was stiff from being curled around a dog trying not to be pushed off my mat and she gave me those 'really? You wanna get up? I am pretty comfy here" eyes with a big stretch and flop over when I tried to get up. Dogs!

Only supposed to be -5C to -7 C tonight, I am happy.
Haha! So cute. Gracie used to burrow into the foot of my sleeping bag on especially cold nights—like having a fuzzy little hot water bottle. A little different with a spoo.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Dear Diary.

Today was a horrendous day for poodlekind. My human decided to bath me. I squeaked out the front door when someone knocked unexpectedly and the older human opened it. I was free! Free like the wind! Not even a collar to contain me!

Then my human managed to put clothes on and that dastardly human caught me! Who can resist a jolly soccer ball? She did play a bit with me and we sat outside together before we went in because she is well trained - but no fair.

It gets worse, dear diary. Much worse. She blow dryed me and attacked my poor, innocent poodle feet, face, and unmentionable bits with that awful buzzing machine. And then she made me stand there while she brushed and scissored! She said something about a 'back to school haircut' and 'another poodle in the class' and 'standards' pfft.

Gonna make the best of it - prancing because I look gooooood...

yours, always,

Annie.

PS - does this angle make my butt look big?

IMG_20210329_164449258.jpg

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
The purchase price and ongoing monthly fees can be high, but definitely the most effective fitness solution I have ever tried. And cuddle mode is helpful too. My version has bedtime alarms enabled too. No more staying up late allowed!
We have a 15 year old border collie/whippet who comes into the den at 10 pm sharp if we are watching TV and makes it very, very clear that 10 pm is bed time. At the very least I have to go turn down our bed, fluff up his bed, and get the chihuahua's bed out of the closet and place it at the foot of our bed. The Lab will already be in her crate - she usually tanks at 8 pm. The mini poo has no interest in bed time unless there is jerky. Amazing how dog's have very firm ideas about how things should be done!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
"See- I sat and stayed on the rock. No, I'm not gonna look at you and pose. Can we get back to RUNNING now?'

I tried to pose her with these pretty spring flowers - hepatica? Liverleaf? But.... Black dog problems.

It was hot in the woods today with no leaves yet on the trees. Annie said the water was too cold to want to drink much though.

I love offseason, midweek, midday hiking with an offleash dog :) Only one other person on the trail, and she boomeranged back without a recall to me when she spotted them. Good girl!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

Two happy dogs after the first walk of the season at the beach.

Dog on right is happy because she has a terrific roll in goose poop.

Dog on left is happy because she had a good game of ball. Also happy because she gets her bath delayed -again- while dog on right gets her third bath this week.

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
459 Posts
View attachment 475711

Two happy dogs after the first walk of the season at the beach.

Dog on right is happy because she has a terrific roll in goose poop.

Dog on left is happy because she had a good game of ball. Also happy because she gets her bath delayed -again- while dog on right gets her third bath this week.
Happy Dogs (well dog & cat)!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts