Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angel got a new trim for her new home. I decided, after a lot of tossing it around, to sell Angel as she has a couple of faults that Deb and I do not want to breed into our breedings. She is such a sweet dog and it was best to get her a good, loving pet home while she was still young, she is 8 months old. I have toyed with the idea that she may grow out of her faults but did want her to have to be older to find I needed to find her a pet home. If it weren't for the thought of space (in the house..lol) I would have kept her for a pet, but figured it was much more fair for her to have her own home. She has enjoyed and done so much with us in outings and such and it was a difficult decision and I was adamant about her going to a home where she would get the same happy life.

Anyway, Deb & I groomed her up in a nice summer clip for her new owners who took her home today.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In case you were curious as to the faults that caused me to make this difficult decision..
Mouth a little over bite.
Sway back.. I noticed this shortly after we got her at 3 months old, but thought she would grow out of it, but it doesn't appear she is going to.
Neither of these two things are what we want to pass on to any pups. What a shame too, as she is a super sweet, loving girl and a gorgeous brown with a background that holds the brown.

pics to show...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
She's very beautiful, and I am sure her new owners will love her and give her a wonderful home.

I think that would be one of the most difficult parts of being a breeder...watching the babies being placed into homes after you have cared for them so tenderly. In Angel's case, you got to enjoy her a little longer. Sometimes, it's difficult to make a business decision and do what is best for your future puppies.

Making the tough decisions and following through at the right time is the sign of a true professional. I'm glad you found her a forever home.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am not a judge but she looks great to me...and really pretty haircut that shows off her color. New owners should be tickled to have her.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Isn't she lovely? Her back was our biggest worry. When she is stacked, the sway is unbelievably obvious. As Dianne said, we didn't want to risk passing such a major fault down to puppies.

She is going to make a perfectly wonderful pet for the woman who took her and we will be seeing her from time to time since the new owner wants me to groom her and her other female spoo.

We know we did the right thing for the breed and we know she is in a very good, loving home. She is such a love!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Angel did not come from Leatherstocking. She came from a completely different breeder but I don't remember the name. Hopefully Dianne will pick up this thread and fill in the blanks.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, Angel didn't come from Leatherstocking Kennel, she came from Nobility Kennel. She comes from some really good breeding and is so beautiful, just couldn't bring myself to take the chance with her back issue and her off bite. I believe her bite may straighten out when she matures but not sure about the back at all.

She has a very loving home where she will get the same family life she was used to so I am very happy for her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts