Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The service dog program I will be getting my new service dog from has 3 Standards right now, so I might get one of them in the next 6-8 months. Otherwise I will be getting my new pup in 18 months.
My parents have 2 Aussies who desperately need a good grooming (not a shave however) but they are too old and get too stressed to go to the groomer. Since it doesn't make sense to buy a cheap pair for them and then turn around and buy a good pair for my dog, we are going to take the plunge and split the cost of a good clipper.
I've been researching and talking to groomer friends and I've definitely decided on the Andis brand and the Excel 5 Speed is the lightest clipper (which I need because the CRPS causes a lot of pain in my hands and arms) and gets great reviews on the groomer forums and product sites.
What do y'all think?
TIA

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
They are brand new on the market and I needed clippers anyway. I was at the Intergroom show in New Jersey and got to try them on for size. They are smaller, lighter and run exceedingly quiet on the 2 slower speeds. But when you need real power for packed and matted body coats and rumps, turn them on high speed and they cut thru everything. I love mine. $199

1 - 2 of 2 Posts