Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Vegas in for a bath, face, and tail today. I also trimmed about a half inch off of his ears, I took the length to the tip of the leather. (I'm a short ear type of person.) I fixed my #15 blade, and I like how it shaves SO much better than my #10! Anyway, here's some pictures of my handsome Vegas, who is 15 weeks old today.

bxty4.JPG bxrg.JPG jh65h.JPG j456y.JPG xvb5.JPG vbs5.JPG bbge4.JPG gfs46.JPG nrgh6.JPG xxzrh.JPG

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Awwwweee :) ! He is such a sweet boy : )) and he looks so handsome and elegant now : ))) !!!! I just LOVE his new style - adorable !!!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
ooooh he does look good with a nice soft smooth face too! He's certainly growing up fast, he looks so much more mature with his lil topknot, until you spot that it's only a teensy bit poking out the top of it! hahaha!!! GORGEOUS!

·
Registered
440 Posts
how pretty! and what blade did you use on his face? it looks perfect! was it the #15? is that a shorter blade than the #10 that I'm using?

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ooooh he does look good with a nice soft smooth face too! He's certainly growing up fast, he looks so much more mature with his lil topknot, until you spot that it's only a teensy bit poking out the top of it! hahaha!!! GORGEOUS!
Oh, ha, ten minutes later and most of the hair seemed to be out of it lol. Thank you! 8D

·
Registered
207 Posts
cute

I am new at poodles. I didn't realize they could have a top knot with shorter hair on top. It looks so cute. I will have to try that sometime soon. Sometimes my guy's hair goes in his eyes when he is due for a trim. That would work great. :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no razor burn? my poor pups always get razor burn if I go against the grain :(
Nope! Though I shave his face once a week, so I believe it's getting his skin more resilient against it. He also is black with really dark pigment, so that reduces the razor burn.

I am new at poodles. I didn't realize they could have a top knot with shorter hair on top. It looks so cute. I will have to try that sometime soon. Sometimes my guy's hair goes in his eyes when he is due for a trim. That would work great. :)
I also haven't cut Vegas's topknot AT ALL! So it's pretty much the same length all over, since you can see it blending into his ears. The bands don't hold too well with this length, but you can still get a cute look. :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
you can always go for 'devil horns' ie two pigtails, with one above each eye sorta thing. You can usually get most of the hair up that way!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He has to work on the 'sitting still' one for that, I have to use my ninja skills just to get one band in!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts