Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We added a furball...

Meet Lady M
She is a Sable parti. (Pardon her mud)

Provided everything goes according to plans, she's headed to the UKC conformation ring.

Our tribe loved her on sight until she started using her teeth on everything. Tinkerbell (long coated chi & Mr. Layne would like to return her IMMEDIATELY). Actually, if she ever figures out smart phones she'll probably put a hit out on the pup after she pulled the plume tail). Mr. Layne does NOT want her to touch him. Eeeeewwwww, puppy. But outside he's trying to teach her how to play with him that does NOT involve biting his danglers! She wouldn't go for it tonight. But he is trying. He loves to run & show off for her

She learns pretty fast. She is learning to sit rather than chase chickens. She's more curious than pursuing. Twice when she tried to bolt after them, I stopped her & had her sit. She learned that effortless but sit doesn't have it down (she's only 9 week). So when she started to go again she stopped herself & sat. 4 times , on her own & I praised her like crazy.

9 weeks

She has a beautiful gait but it'd hard to catch her at the right angle

She has red toes. My only complaint is the breeder didn't groom train her. Bathes yes. She's solid in the tub but she thinks clippers are fun to bite so I'm buzzing her with them daily. She has no fear of them. We are gonna clean up that adorable face soon.

She also showed me there is a protective component to her nature when we had a visitor. Not hostile but when the visitor did something she thought was whacko, she let us know it was not OK. She was right from her puppy perspective but she made friends easily when she saw the visitor was calm. She's a little tiger. And she is bold.

I am pleased & very tired 馃檭

Attachments

Premium Member
Sounds like a very intelligent pup, as well as a very pretty one - congratulations!

Reactions: dogsavvy

Registered
Congratulations! It seems not so long ago we were saying the same about Mr. Layne. You do extremely well with your pups and I'm sure it will be no different with this lady . I can feel your tiredness, lol. Looking forward to watching her grow.

Registered
Congratulations, she鈥檚 absolutely adorable. Glad to hear the gang are showing the ropes.

I saw where you mentioned looking for another puppy, but I didn鈥檛 expect you to find one so quickly.

Reactions: dogsavvy

Registered
We added a furball...

Meet Lady M
She is a Sable parti. (Pardon her mud)
View attachment 477350

Provided everything goes according to plans, she's headed to the UKC conformation ring.

View attachment 477354

Our tribe loved her on sight until she started using her teeth on everything. Tinkerbell (long coated chi & Mr. Layne would like to return her IMMEDIATELY). Actually, if she ever figures out smart phones she'll probably put a hit out on the pup after she pulled the plume tail). Mr. Layne does NOT want her to touch him. Eeeeewwwww, puppy. But outside he's trying to teach her how to play with him that does NOT involve biting his danglers! She wouldn't go for it tonight. But he is trying. He loves to run & show off for her

She learns pretty fast. She is learning to sit rather than chase chickens. She's more curious than pursuing. Twice when she tried to bolt after them, I stopped her & had her sit. She learned that effortless but sit doesn't have it down (she's only 9 week). So when she started to go again she stopped herself & sat. 4 times , on her own & I praised her like crazy.

View attachment 477358
9 weeks
View attachment 477359

View attachment 477360
She has a beautiful gait but it'd hard to catch her at the right angle

View attachment 477361

She has red toes. My only complaint is the breeder didn't groom train her. Bathes yes. She's solid in the tub but she thinks clippers are fun to bite so I'm buzzing her with them daily. She has no fear of them. We are gonna clean up that adorable face soon.

She also showed me there is a protective component to her nature when we had a visitor. Not hostile but when the visitor did something she thought was whacko, she let us know it was not OK. She was right from her puppy perspective but she made friends easily when she saw the visitor was calm. She's a little tiger. And she is bold.

I am pleased & very tired 馃檭
Wow what a gorgeous little girl! Congratulations!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. No worries you will see lots of pictures of Lady M. If I can manage to train, groom, & show this pup it will be a win for me... then we'll see what the judge has to say.

Is she from the same breeder as Mr. Layne?
No. It was a different breeder. This gal isn't a big name either. She's working with a show breeder & is a guardian home for my pup's sire. Several out of this line are getting titled but there are several working as service dogs. Talked about my goals & plans & I got my pick.

Congratulations! She sounds wonderful! How long were you on the waitlist for?
Ive been searching for a long while but was not on a waitlist. This was an unusual situation. I'd contacted another breeder who I liked but ceased breeding. I made an impression. She started contacting people she trusted & one of them recommended this breeder. So no waitlist & I got my pick pup. She was supposed to be someone else's but during the FaceTime meeting, they didn't have time & said to let me have my pick. I believe this was meant to be my puppy. Nobody just gets this "lucky". If they checked my references it could explain being approved. I come vet & breeder recommended 馃槉

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.