Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John is going to be mad at me...

It's just for the evening but I am poodle sitting my big black standard that I groom. His momma has some issue at work and can no longer take him to work and thus can not drop him off at his schedualed appt time for his grooming tomarrow. She called and asked if I could keep him overnight and take him since she is more a friend than an actualy client of the shop. Suuureee... why not.

Anyway, I kind of forgot to ask John if that was ok with him. I like to keep him in the loop and make him think his opinions matter LoL. Anyway, he'll be home in an hour or so... so...ummmm Surprise! Last time we had Jazz's friend Nikki stay with us a week she distroyed our bedroom... :mmph: John alsmost didn't let me have Saleen after that he was sooo mad. We still dont have the carpet replaced lol. Anyway this big boy, in spite of the stupid haircut I gave him, is pretty well trained. The tibbies don't seem to mind that he is here and the cats... well they hate everyone so they dont count LoL. Jazz and Saleen are THRILLED that their boyfriend is here for a visit! He seems equaly happy to see both of them. Yay... we're having a poodle slumber party!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
That sounds exciting and dangerous all at the same time. LOL Sometimes I take my sisters two spoos and her toy for a day while she is at work so that they can all have a play date. I love it, they love it, and my husband has gotten used to having a few extra in the evening now and then. By the time he gets home from work, they are all pooped out from their day and sleeping anyway.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well last night didn't go as well as I hoped. The dogs, even the little ones, were all fine with eachother and the cat did ok. We did really long introductions before she left him to make sure all would be well.

When Hubby came home the new dog barked at him and for one split second I thought he was going to try and bite. John is a little afraid of larger dogs so he was very unhappy this his huge poodle was standing there barking at him. I tok him that it was because he looked funny, he stopped and got dinner on the way home and so was balancing a bag of food, two drinks, and his briefcase. Our poo friend is mostly a momma's boy at home, his daddy doesn't like him... at all.. and He has growled on the table at approching men but it's been forever ago when that happened. He's ok with the guy I work with now though the first time they met he was unsure. I don't think he see's a lot of friendly men? Maybe that had something to do with it ? I dunno.

Anyway hubby and poodle warmed up to eachother in a matter of minutes so yay. John was still annoyed though. Had a bad day at work and then I called and told him about the extra dog for the evening, so it kind of made it worse? At bed time he cried for a few minutes when we put him in the crate which REALLY annoys John. I don't understand him sometimes lol, any little dog noise and he's ready to go ape. He's like that with our dogs too. Everyone got a good nights sleep though, so he can't complain!

Problem I have now is getting Drizz to go potty. His life at home is sooo structured, he has to have permission to do anyway and that includes drinking water or going potty. He has a spefiic area of the yard to use as his bathroom while my unruly brood often forget where their potty spot is LoL. Anyway I've been out with him on leash, I've let him free in the back and walked with him... no dice. I can only hope that he went earlier this morning when I had all the dogs out together. I was in the shower then so wasn't watching.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
That sounds like a fun time but also frustrating. It's always fun to doggie-sit! I always try to remember that it's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Your hubby sounds a little like mine lol! Except yours probably likes dogs....mine does not care for dogs, but he "tolorates them" according to him lol, but he greets them when he gets home from work saying "hey baby how are you" LOL!! I have to laugh at him, because he is 6ft tall 200lb body builder guy and he usually has 2 5lb toy poodles laying on him and next to him while he is home and he loves on them! I think it is a man thing with the poodles LOL!! I think he would grumble if I agreed to doggie sit for anyone expecially if it was for a spoo lol. He does not do well with the bigger ones either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts