Poodle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all - as you know I am a struggling home groomer. Have been cutting Asta down with a 7 blade and just now have the chest and legs to go. Whee. Must report that Asta is doing better now with grooming. He doesn't really like the Arco Se but seems to be fine with my old reliable Oster A5. I left his topknot to be as it is dreadlocked, excuse me, corded.

So the groom goes on. I will try to get pictures when I am done, but Asta like Catherine's Lily is hard to capture for a shot.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am glad the Osters also work for you. When Poppy changed from black to blue this last year it was like another puppy coat change . Ugh! My Wahl Bravura would not go theough her coat...jammed up horribly....sooooo I got out my old A5 Oster clippers with a 5 blade and they hummed right through her coat.

Home grooming has a learning curve for sure, but Poppy and I manage pretty well, as I imagine you do also. I did have to take her to the groomers a month ago when I hurt myself and could not groom or brush her. Back to normal now.

I would love to see Asta's pictures. I know that photo challenge with black poodles... I try to do it in very bright light, but not direct sun. I am sure you will succeed in getting some good photos of Asta!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Well you have a plan and are saving $$. I am sure Asta looks fine and the one thing it always grows back. Well we re expecting bad weather, lots of rain, thunder storms possible tornadoes so I am off this morning to get everyone some exercise in beforehand. I may try to do Renns feet this weekend when my lil jobs slow down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.