Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whew, what a busy week! I'm on a roll though, both spoos groomed, bathed, primped and spoiled rotten.

Dodger was a little bit harder, it took about 3 hours for her entire groom and after I set her pattern, even though I bathed and fluffed her last night she has that really soft poodle coat..she almost feels like a goldendoodle type coat.. it's a bit harder to work with. I like the nice thick coarse standard poodle hair that will just stand straight out.

I feel horrible about her face though, she has allergies so she gets a lot of tears in her eyes. I use contact type solution for it and it does help but her eyes itch her so she constantly scratches at them, in the process she's made several little scabs on her face. So, when I went to do clean face on her I opened a few of the scabs....eep...oh well, i scrubbed her face with some bluebarry facial scrub and sprayed it with some tearless moisturiser after to try and help. She hasn't been scratching at her face at all but it needs to grow some hair out to look better. This was the first time i've done a 40 on her face, i do a 40 on Vegas each groom but I've only done a 10 on Dodger, usually because she's a little jumpy when clippers are around her face and eyes but she was a good girl so she didn't get nicked. I was paranoid I scalped her but sure enough it's just little scabs so I kind of did a half ass job on her face, i didnt want to go back over it to make it smooth.

Anyhow, enough blab from me and on to pics! Oh and enjoy the last pic, she has a habit of licking her lips during photos and I randomly will photograph it.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Cuuute! you did great with her, and awww with the tongue picture. Love the bandana too :D

are you going to grow her ears out or keep them shorter?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Her ears are slowly growing out. I haven't cut them at all since I've had her, the breeder shaved her all over with a #7 back in the beginning of March and her ears are just growing back slower than the rest of her, but i've noticed it's common with poodle ears, they seem to not grow as fast as the rest of the coat.

She also keeps getting some matting in her arm pits, i have to brush them out almost daily so I shaved them with a #5... you can't tell from looking at her so i figured why not, she goes swimming so much that it makes grooming easier!

·
Registered
646 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhh what a sweet heart. I love her. I love the clip style.
I am going to stay away from the 30 blade around here poor Mandy neck from my mistake of looking yep short no looking if 10 or 30. I will just have to groom more often I guess.
I am liking her ears to I think I might try shorter ears on Casey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts