Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my Pf friends, this is Dewey, and yep I am now an Urban Trickster! I've been working hard this fall on my Intermediate Trick Dog title and my Urban CGC title, and I made it!

Now I will admit I got off to a little shaky start on the trick test because I knew my mama was worried ( she hears the work "test" and gets all nervous ). She tries to fake it but I can tell. We started with one of my favorites, catch an object in the air, but since she was worried then I got worried and my default is act like a poodle statue! She threw the ball and it hit me right on top of the head ( good thing I have a big, fluffy topknot :) ) but I did not move a muscle. Then she asked if we could start with my very favorite, fetch the ball, and then we got all warmed up and I had fun with the tricks.

Here I am practicing some of my tricks at home before the test.
Fetch:

Rollover:

Catch a toy in the air:

Now don't laugh too hard at this one - I don't like this trick but I do it 'cause my mama asks me too. It took me a long time to learn to do it or I should say a long time to want to do it. You can tell I'm not real happy to look this silly!
Balance a dog biscuit on head:

I also did wave hello, paws up on my mama's arm, leg weaves ( good thing my Mama has long legs so I didn't get stuck), wobble board, weave poles, and go out and around a pole.

Now you may wonder why a country guy like me wanted to do Urban CGC but we learned a lot and had fun in the class. Plus I do get to go places sometimes like to visit my Mama's Mama in a big apartment home.
So for the test we went to an assisted living complex and did all the things there and on the street out front. I almost didn't leave the boiled chicken in the bowls that were around the lobby but I did. Whew! The people there liked watching us dogs do our stuff!
Well, that's all for today. Luv, Dewey :)

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Very good boy Dewey! I am sure your Mama is very proud of you for your good behavior on both of those tests. I hope she let you eat that cookie after you sat with it on your head.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Congrats, Stormee and Dewey!!! :adore: I am very proud of both of you for all your hard work. That cookie trick is not nearly as easy as it looks--neither of mine will allow it yet, as they are too worried. The TKI is a big step up from Novice (like every title, it seems!). Are you going to train for Advanced and Performer?

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Dear Dewey,

GOOD JOB! Your Mama sure is good at teaching you stuff! Mine tried to get me to roll over cuz she said all her dogs could do it.....but I just don't want to, so I don't LOL!
Love,
Your Friend
MOLLY

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Congratulations team Dewey. Your hard work paid off

Reactions: StormeeK

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
Congratulations Dewey! You are a smart country dude! Just don’t walk around the city with a treat on your head.

Your pal,
Buck

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Ah Dewey, we in the forum are glad to see you get your new title. And I am especially glad to see that you went to the Assisted Living facility - bet you were a big hit there.

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
That is very impressive, Dewey. Poppy cannot believe that you had the self control to leave chicken alone - she says that must be the most difficult thing ever!

Reactions: StormeeK

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you my Pf friends for all the kind words! The advanced tricks look real hard and I can only do about 3 of those tricks right now. I am learning a few more but the last 3 or 4 will be a challenge. Baby Aero is catching up to me with tricks so I have to keep trying!

Frost and Maiz, y'all understand how worrisome that treat on the head is! My Mama taught me to be still with another object on the head first then we went to the biscuit.

Well, Poppy, I did think about that chicken and took a step towards it, but decided I better listen to my Mama. My hardest thing ever is STILL not barking when I first see a dog I don't know.

Skylar and Babykins y'all must be an awesome trick team since you have gone so far! I bet your performer routine was really cute to watch.

Well, Buck, I can no longer walk around with that biscuit because my human sister's dog ate it when he came over. It was practically petrified from trick practice and we only had that one but he didn't care. He stole it when we weren't watching!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts