Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beatrice is now 6 months post her terminal cancer diagnosis of Lymphangiosarcoma. We are living each day joie de vivre, I took her in to the vet yesterday because her anxiety is getting worse, my vet recommended CBD oil and a thunder shirt, as a place to start. Beatrice now weighs in at 12 pounds 4 oz, she was 9 pounds 3 oz back in June post surgery.
Bea still joins me every day at work, her troubles strangers and sudden loud noises make her very nervous, spurring anxious loud barking, my co-workers are kind and know to speak up as they approach.
There are days Bea is perfectly fine even bouncing and running about, but she does sleep alot these days. Bea still "pesters" my co-workers for treata, she lives coming to work for treats alone.
Beatrice has lived longer than I thought she would, humans who get this cancer live about 18 months with massive chemo and radiation treatments.
I've opted to keep Bea comfortable
And the CBD is the first thing I've thought will aid her.
20200101_112643.jpg

20200101_112739.jpg

That's all for the moment

·
Premium Member
23,162 Posts
I am glad to hear Bea is still having lots of joie de vivre days. CBD has done wonders for Peeves anxiety to thunder and fireworks. I think the brand matters in terms of quality and being able to titrate dosing. Check out Lazarus Naturals.

Reactions: Dogs4Life

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
I hope you can control the anxiety, and that there are still many joyous days to come.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Oh, I am glad to hear that Beatrice is able to go to work with you, I am sure that alone makes her feel like the Princess she is meant to be. U hope she continues to have more good times than bad and that the CBD oil helps her. I have heard good things about it.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
She’s lucky to be able to go to work with you. I’m sure that special treatment is helping her joyousness.

Reactions: twyla

·
Premium Member
9,690 Posts
I commend you for your brave and rational decision of the joy option rather than the hopeless veterinary ones. I have heard great things about CBD and hope it helps her.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thank you for letting us know how Beatrice is getting along. I hope the CBD oil helps with anxiety and that you still have many days of love and happiness. Blessed be.
Johanna

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I too hope the CBD helps. You say your co-workers are giving her treats. Make sure they only have only one or two ingredients, with absolutely no additives. Sending healing thoughts to your precious one.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Thank you for the update. Bea’s comfort and survival are a testament to the care you give her. Hope the CBD helps.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I'm so happy for all of you that Beatrice is doing as well as she is and enjoying life ?.

Based on Lily CD RE's recommendation, I ordered from Lazarus Naturals myself last week. Was not sure which pet product to get, so went with the one intended for small pets. We'll see how it goes. They are doing big bangy work this month on our apartment building...

I do hope the CBD helps lovely Beatrice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts