Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to say WOW! From 9.30 AM, when I woke of Charlie cuddeling even closer that he had been all night, and until now, 7-ish PM, Charlie has not left my side, and has maintained physical contact with me every second. I'm not sure if it's because I am studying non stop for the two most important exams of my life, or if he is a little under the weather. Even when we went outside, once, to tinkle (I had to litterally drag him outside) he stood on top of my foot, watching me sadly. When my book is on my lap, he gently (or not so gently, he has pure hatered for anything book related) uses his paw to push it away and crawls in to my lap and refuses to move. When I try to push him off, he gets rigid, and does this "I'm frozen, so you can't move me" bit. He tries his usual trustfalls, to get between me and my computer. Eating on top of me, sleeping on top of me. If I try to get something to drink, he tries to give me his paw to hold, looking so sad, just so I won't leave. Paws at me to hold him when I go between the porch and kitchen. When I tried to sit outside in the rare sunshine to read, he paws my book away, and presses me in to the wall, leans on me with all his weight and wants his favourite kisses, along his jawline. Ofcourse, he gets as many as he wants, and when it feels so impossible good, in his opinion, he just falls over, tail wagging, loving looks and falls asleep.

I've been a little amazed at how needy he is today! I've been laughing, cuddleing him and shaking my head all day. It hasn't exactly been a productive day of reading :p Hopefully, by Sunday, I'm all done with reading, and have finished my school, becoming an animal physio- and rehab therapist! Then Charlie will finally be in the spotlite again :p

Reactions: FireStorm

·
Registered
786 Posts
Maybe he just senses that you are stressed with all the studying and exams. I know that when I'm either not feeling well or am stressed Hans gets very clingy.

Good luck on your exams! You must be so excited to be finishing up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you might have a point. Didn't even occur to me that he is sensing me. Yeah, I'm that stressed :p He is usually clingy and weird, but today has really topped everything. It's now 10.25 pm, and he has not been touching me for the first time today, all of 4 whole minutes, and that's just because he fell asleep and twisted the wrong way. He ain't exactly a little thing either :p What else can us poodle mommys do, but indulge our babies, with a really bad counsciense for reading to much, nagging in the back of my head.

Yeah, I'm both happy and a little sad it's over. Here in Norway, we are seen as pioneers. It's really THAT few of us. 8 people in the class, and we have gotten really close. Weird not seing them anymore. At the same time, we have learned SO much. None of us watch dogs the same way anymore. Going to shows is torture :p There are SO many dogs with problems, and now I see them everywhere! Most of the owners are clueless. Practical exam on Monday, and theoretical 6 hours exam on Saturday. Kinda feel like going iiiiiiiiiiik! :p

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Yup! I think he is just feeling your stress! Good luck on your exams!!
Isn't it amazing at how different we view things when we educate ourselves, and how frustrating it is sometimes when we want to pass on our knowledge to those we see messing up! LOL!

Reactions: Norway-spoo-mom

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you :) And yes, yes, YES! It's so frustrating. A lot of people ask me questions on how to do things with training and such. And when they don't get the answer that fits what they want, they do the exact oposite, beause they "heard" that someone, someplace did it like that and that was "amaaaaaazing". Yes, hun. Sure, if you want to cripple and hurt your 3 month old puppy, then ofcourse you take them on your daily marathon training runs on asphalt"! Yeeez, some people... And yes, I was asked this yesterday..

Reactions: MollyMuiMa

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you :) I hope he will have a great life after I'm done and we are moving. A new puppy might be on the horizon, but we'll wait and see. He is a bit too attached to me, and very lonely. Not many people or playmates around. Guessing that's why he is so attuned to me. Getting my full attention will be good for the both of us, but it would be great to have someone to share the attention with :p

Reactions: MollyMuiMa

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
Good luck on your exams - and isn't it wonderful that Charlie is feeling your stress and doing everything he could to soothe and calm you with his poodleness.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you :) Yes, he is wonderfull. My health is not really that good, and Charlie has been acting like a support dog since he wzs 6 weeks old. I have reumatism, and when the pain is getting bad when we are walking, or I get my really bad dizzyspells, he goes beside me, so that he can make sure I don't fall over. I also have PTSD, and when I have dissosiative episodes, he sits/lies on top of me so that I can't get hurt. Every morning he gets a little cuddle, then he looks me up and down to see how bad my pain is. If it's really bad, he cuddles close for hours, and we stay in bed. Those days he doesn't want to go for walks, play or anything but watch over me, and licks parts of me that hurts bad. He also gets real goofy, does something strange, and doesn't give up before I laugh out loud. If my day is manageble, he still cuddles for as long as I let him, then we go up and down the street a time or two during the day. He is very calm, tries to be goofy as usual, and he wants to play with his toys and me. If I have a day that my body works right, he still cuddles for as long as I let him, but this day he has bunches of energy. We go for walks, play alot, train obedience/tricks. He bounces around, being a goofball. Every time I laugh at him, he runs over and gives me a kiss before he resumes his zoomies :p They are amazing animals. Since dogs react different to me now that I'm sick and on meds, it's more difficult to connect with a dog in the right way. Charlie chose me at 3 weeks old, and I think that's the way to do it when choosing a dog while sick. It's not the most correct way, but I think the dog that chooses you, despite being "off", is the right dog for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts