Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned around and saw this...usually Dodger always sleeps in a crate even if it's open and so does Grimm lately..I loaned one of my crates to a friend for his dog who just got spayed..

They decided to share.

and smile!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My insurance company is being difficult about it. I have offered to put him through a training program and get his CGC to see if it makes a difference... although considering it's just a piece of paper i'm not so sure how much they will care but i'm waiting to hear back. I figured it would be fine..they allowed the shepherds.. and anytime i've seen breeds banned it's been quite a few not just to single out one or two.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Ah, that's adorable! I love how they're already such good buddies!

I'm a little confused by what you mean that your insurance has issues with him? Your pet insurance or some other kind?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Homeowners insurance..pit bulls and bully breeds in general are considered "high risk" for dog bites..and seeing as liability for that sort of thing falls under the homeowners insurance they have started to restrict certain breeds in several states it seems.

I might be able to pay slightly more..at least that's what one person suggested on the shepherd forums that's what she had to do to own her german shepherds.

I suppose they'd never know if I didn't tell them but I would have felt weird about that.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Awwww!!! I love pitties!!! That is too cute! Wow, i guess i must of missed the whole thread of you getting him! He is a very handsome boy. I hope you get to keep him with the insurance thing.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Homeowners insurance..pit bulls and bully breeds in general are considered "high risk" for dog bites..and seeing as liability for that sort of thing falls under the homeowners insurance they have started to restrict certain breeds in several states it seems.

I might be able to pay slightly more..at least that's what one person suggested on the shepherd forums that's what she had to do to own her german shepherds.

I suppose they'd never know if I didn't tell them but I would have felt weird about that.
Im sorry to hear about your homeowners insurance. Its sad that its becoming so hard to own a Pitbull these days. I wish they would evaluate the dog individually and then decide bot just have a blanket ban and not give any of them a chance. I almost dies when i saw that picture! Those two are absolutely precious! And the smiley pic too of course!!! Did you rescue him or was he a stray? I think i missed something...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will consider switching if I have to, i'm currently looking into another.

I posted about him in one of the other sections. He was shoved out of a truck and pretty much discarded as trash. He came out just fine though..few scrapes..he had tons of fleas on him and missing some hair from a flea allergy but it's growing back just fine now.

He's a good natured dog..he doesn't do much of anything..lol he sleeps, eats and uses the restroom.

He does go nuts at the dog park though..not mean or anything he just runs and runs and runs, he doesn't even chase anybody he just runs for the sake of running. I had to make him stop to leave when we went and when we got home he was limping a bit but it went away by the next morning..I don't think he's ever had that much space to just run freely..he absolutely loved it.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
He's gorgeous - I love his color. That picture of the two of them is so sweet! I love it when my animals sleep next to each other. :)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
This is priceless - I am sure either way you are keeping this sweetie. some how, some way!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I guess I missed you getting him too! He looks like a sweet boy. They are so cute together in the crate.

We have banned dog breeds in Vermont too that make it difficult to get home owner's insurance if you own them. It's too bad that they lump all dogs of a breed into one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts