Hello everyone As i said in my intro about two weeks ago we adopted (i used the word adopted but that might be misleading we actually purchased them from a breeder) two 4 month old Standard puppies. I have a 9 year old tiny toy poodle Mikey i've had him since he was 8 weeks old. We got our first Standard Max when he was about 17 months old someone just gave him to my groomer and she didn't want him so we took him.He was my first experience with a Standard and i fell in love with the breed. Max was very timid and took him a long time (almost a year) to settle in and act like he knew he belonged here we tried everything to make him feel welcome. I don't think he got much attention or affection at his first home so he was very standoffish. Max is about 5 now and loves other dogs and loves to play unfortunately Mikey wants no part of that, so thats when i decided we'll get Max a brother to play with. We contacted the breeder that Max come from and he told me he had two older pups (4 months old) and a bunch of little ones. We decided an older pup might be a good choice, based on our schedules so we go down to pick our puppy the breeder has the two littermates waiting for us when we get there. They were both adorable we decided which pup we wanted we feel really bad about separating the two because there so bonded but we were just there to get one puppy, so we pay for the pup get our paper work and put our new puppy in the car as his little brother watched :-( . well what took place when he seen his brother leaving was so sad i couldn't stand it and bought his brother too. So Tuesday we go to have them neutered one of them has a little diarrhea nothing very alarming i was on the way to the vet anyway . I get to my Vets tell him what happened he looks at their shot record (they had all their shots except rabies before they left the breeders) and says it might be Parvovirus i say how could it be Parvovirus they had all their shots and haven't been anywhere but our backyard since we got them . Well sure enough he has Parvovirus my Vet's opinion is that they were given their shots too early. So right now we are fighting to save his life .My vets prognosis is very bleak 50/50 chance of surviving he says the only thing to do right now is to keep him hydrated ( IV fluids) and on antibiotics. I decided to take him home and treat him here I am a Surgical Tech and can handle the medical part of his treatment at home rather than leave him at the vets in a cold kennel with strangers, and if the worst happens i don't want him to be alone. Now were just keeping a close eye on his brother and praying he does not come down with Parvo so far so good. BTW we named them Maverick and Goose from the movie Top Gun (Husbands idea not mine ill give them nicknames later that will stick) Goose is the sick one but today he is actually holding his head up he hasn't done that since Wednesday i hope this is a sign he getting better but its just wait and see right now. Sorry this is such a long post i just wanted to put this info out there and see if any of you guys have any advise or info on this to share. My pups got their shots at 5.5 weeks 8 weeks and 11.5 weeks not the 6-8, 10-12, 14-16 weeks recommended. My vet says the immunity the puppy get's from their mother drops off at 17 weeks thats why it is so important to give the last shot between 14-16 weeks. The breeder stands behind his vaccination schedule. All i know is i have a puppy with parvo, who has had all his shots and very limited exposure to the outside world his first symptom showed up 13 days after i got him from the breeder who btw "guarantees" he didn't leave his kennel with parvo .