Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the bottle it says to spray the brush, but I would have thought to spray the dog directly, as you would with most detanglers, and then brush her (seems weird to spray a pin brush?). I know it's for horses, so i wondered if the instructions are different for dogs?

Also, if i brush her almost daily, should I use this product every time, or just a couple of times a week?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
On the bottle it says to spray the brush, but I would have thought to spray the dog directly, as you would with most detanglers, and then brush her (seems weird to spray a pin brush?). I know it's for horses, so i wondered if the instructions are different for dogs?

Also, if i brush her almost daily, should I use this product every time, or just a couple of times a week?

Thank you!
With my grooming spray I've done it both ways. I wouldn't spray a pin brush but I do sometimes spray the slicker. But usually I just spray the dog (careful not to get in eyes). Personally I have only used grooming spray right after bathing. I towel off, then spray with grooming spray, then start brushing.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
If I am going to use it daily, I tend to dilute with about 1 part ShowSheen to 1 part water.Of course, this is when I have the ready to use spray. I do use it most of the time because you are not supposed to brush a dry coat. I do not show dogs. practice quads 063.JPG

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I have the ready to use spray. I'll see if i can put some in a smaller bottle and dilute it. Do you use it to help get mats out, too? Cleo had a knot on her ear, and i found that Ice on Ice was more helpful with that, but maybe because i didn't spray the showsheen directly on her coat.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I am happy to say that with my youngest poodle being five years old, and no more dreaded coat change my boys almost never mat. Uh, except when I left a sweater on my white male for three days... I almost cried.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Forgot to add that the sweater incident required me to break out the Cowboy Magic, and to use liberal amounts.:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts