Poodle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I at least try to contact her 2 times each week idk maybe less or more. I get very nervous and think something has gone wrong. And she has left me on read this time haha. I asked if the mom was ok etc. I think I might be overdoing it. I’m just nervous

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would not call weekly, let alone multiple times per week. I might send a text from time to time, but would not engage in behavior that could be considered over-bearing or difficult to deal with. I think most breeders would “ghost” a buyer if they are constantly calling.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not call weekly, let alone multiple times per week. I might send a text from time to time, but would not engage in behavior that could be considered over-bearing or difficult to deal with. I think most breeders would “ghost” a buyer if they are constantly calling.
Oh I dont really call her much. Just sometimes check up and make sure everythings ok and I defin get that. I only called her 2 and one other time since April.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Two times a week might be a bit much, especially if she is very busy with the puppies. I think I only texted my breeder if I hadn't heard anything for 2 weeks. Though usually I heard from her every week or so without prompting. I know many breeders do not communicate that much... just different people doing things differently.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh I dont really call her much. Just sometimes check up and make sure everythings ok and I defin get that. I only called her 2 and one other time since April.
I get where you are coming from, the excitement of a future pup, and worrying that something could happen. But the fact is you don’t have a pup until the 4 paws are on the ground. Following-up wouldn’t change any problem with the litter, but could annoy the breeder or give them the impression that you are going to be difficult to deal with in the future.

There is usually not a shortage of folks looking for a pup from a quality breeder - especially minis who have very small litters. Just be patient and positive!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two times a week might be a bit much, especially if she is very busy with the puppies. I think I only texted my breeder if I hadn't heard anything for 2 weeks. Though usually I heard from her every week or so without prompting. I know many breeders do not communicate that much... just different people doing things differently.
Ok thank you. I don’t wanna be overbearing I’m just extremely nervous and i feel like I’m making her nervous etc etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get where you are coming from, the excitement of a future pup, and worrying that something could happen. But the fact is you don’t have a pup until the 4 paws are on the ground. Following-up wouldn’t change any problem with the litter, but could annoy the breeder or give them the impression that you are going to be difficult to deal with in the future.

There is usually not a shortage of folks looking for a pup from a quality breeder - especially minis who have very small litters. Just be patient and positive!
Yes thank you

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
You are still buying from Gulfbreeze? As long as you have received a confirmation from her that you are on her waiting list, I would just give her some space until after the puppies are born. Gulfbreeze is a show kennel with dogs needing training & grooming, buyers needing attention, and lots of other reasons to be busy. As the saying goes, this ain't her first rodeo. She knows what needs to be done.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh I agree if the pups are not born yet then I would not contact any further until you hear they are born. There just isn't really anything to report until then.
Oh I agree if the pups are not born yet then I would not contact any further until you hear they are born. There just isn't really anything to report until then.
Ok! The mom might be in labor today so I’m freaking out haha

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are still buying from Gulfbreeze? As long as you have received a confirmation from her that you are on her waiting list, I would just give her some space until after the puppies are born. Gulfbreeze is a show kennel with dogs needing training & grooming, buyers needing attention, and lots of other reasons to be busy. As the saying goes, this ain't her first rodeo. She knows what needs to be done.
Yes she still is my breeder and I shall not bother her any further til the pups are born and I can see lots of pictures haha, not too many cause I don’t wanna go overboard, just a good amount for serotonin ya know lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.