Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a beautiful 6 month old black standard female. I fall more and more in love with her each day. We are hoping to hit the show ring in 2010 but this will be the first dog show experience for both of us. So if there are any show people out there, I can use any and all advice(especially on grooming). She has been through her puppy class and we start conformation classes in January. I am so happy to have found this forum and hope to make good friends. Anyone else in Hawaii??

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Anyone else in Hawaii??
I WISH!!! We can trade places if you want to - I'm in North Dakota!! LOL!! My husband and I visited Hawaii in 1990 and my daughter went there with her high school band (to march in the Pan Pacific parade in 2008) beautiful state!

Do you have pictures of your black beauty?? We LIKE pictures here!! :)

Welcome!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome - and sad to say no, BUT I am coastal in South Carolina - not a native, I am from PA but been in SC for over 10 years now. By BF brother lives in Hawii, lucky!! Yep pics are great!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We live on Oahu. Kala was born and bred here, but I have only been here a couple of years. 057.jpg This is not a very good pic but it is the most recent. I will get more soon:)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Very sweet. At 6 months how big is she?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very sweet. At 6 months how big is she?
She hasn't been to the vet for a few weeks and I dont' have a scale here so I'm really not too sure. Her father was a big standard and her mother was on the bigger side. Kala was the runt of the litter. If I had to guess, she is probably around 32 lbs. Is that big?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
She hasn't been to the vet for a few weeks and I dont' have a scale here so I'm really not too sure. Her father was a big standard and her mother was on the bigger side. Kala was the runt of the litter. If I had to guess, she is probably around 32 lbs. Is that big?
From what I've been seeing not at all. My Olie is 4 months and 25lbs. I asked to gage where Olie might be. Some spoos are bigger than that at 6 months. She is so sweet looking.

·
Registered
168 Posts
We live on Oahu. Kala was born and bred here, but I have only been here a couple of years. View attachment 4863 This is not a very good pic but it is the most recent. I will get more soon:)
Aloha,

Oahu is beautiful and so is your puppy. My puppy is 15 weeks old and was 16 pounds at her last visit which was this past Monday. She sounds small and skinny compare to other puppies, but she is big to me......my other dogs are toy poodles.......I am looking forward to going to Oahu again.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
My puppy is 15 weeks old and was 16 pounds at her last visit which was this past Monday.
Lucybug just had a vet visit on Tuesday - At that time she was approximately 11 1/2 weeks old and 17 pounds... I'm thinking she's going to end up bigger than my daughter's spoo! :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Lucybug just had a vet visit on Tuesday - At that time she was approximately 11 1/2 weeks old and 17 pounds... I'm thinking she's going to end up bigger than my daughter's spoo! :)

I hope I am feeding her enough. :starving: The vet said she is growing at a steady rate. Her parents were a good size. I guess I have to see how much she gains at the next visit, which is 12/07.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Welcome KalaMama! Beautiful poodle you've got there. Her fur and face are so pretty! I'm sure she'll be great in the ring. Also what a cute chi!! <3

I wish I had some info for you for show grooming but I don't. Several members here do show their poodles though so I'm sure you can get info from them in the grooming forum. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts