Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the bounty of my garden, employee discount where I work, also knowing when markdowns are where I work on top of the employee discount. and customer loyalty programs at other stores, I put together what I think is an impressive meal.

Before I show the pic, I also want to say that customer loyalty got me a free grill, free charcoal, and free frying oil. And to add insult to injury, I paid next to nothing for the plates at a garage sale.

So when I figured it all out, I paid less than $4.00 for the entire meal in the pic.

I look at it this way, I got to save on stuff for myself because the poodle insist on only the best, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Wow, what a lovely and delicious looking meal! :adore: I am very impressed. And, like you, I will cut every corner I can on my own food, clothing, etc. but not hesitate to spend $$$ on the dogs :lol:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Street car, the secret to charcoal grilling is a charcoal chimney. They are fairly inexpensive, easily found at most stores and way easy to use, you'll find tons of demos on-line. Check them out, you won't believe how simple it is.

All it takes is two sheets of newspaper, charcoal, and a lighter. And since there is no lighter fluid used, there is not even a slight chance of that taste (although I do miss the flare ups from squirting on lighter fluid, I'm a pyro at heart lol).

I confess that at times I long for the ease of a propane grill, most grilling tutorials use propane. But as I said, I got a large charcoal grill as well as a summers worth of charcoal for free using loyalty points at different stores. And there is a certain taste that can only come from charcoal, or in my case, charcoal with apple/cherry/pear/plum/hickory wood branches I cut from my numerous domestic and wild trees and allow to dry just for grilling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts