Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s Whiskey all ready to head home after puppy class. Bottle and treats all packed in his very own Dino backpack.

He really enjoys the classes and I’m wondering why I never signed up any of my previous dogs for such a fun weekly activity. We are most definitely gonna continue the weekly training classes.

Do share pictures of your dogs getting ready for a trip :)

·
Registered
89 Posts

Dublin loves his backpack because it usually means we're going on a hike! He carries his own water, bowl, and yes i make him carry his own poop!

He loved his training classes, too. I work at Petco so our classes were free - he went through three levels there including CGC, and we were guinea pigs for a TDI level class that didn't work out (for various reasons). We re-took the TDI class at a different location and he passed the test with flying colors. Kiley, his sister (RIP), went through classes at a Petsmart (this was before i worked at Petco, before Petco was even around our area) and she loved those too.

I always recommend puppy classes, especially to new puppy owners! If you find the right trainer and class, it can be a very fun "adventure" and a great bonding opportunity that offers chances to do things you can't always do on your own. Also a great way to meet other pet owners yourself, and a way for your puppy to meet others in a controlled environment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actually told off by a middle age lady for putting a backpack on Whiskey, "He's a DOG not a child". So glad to see other dogs sporting backpacks too :)

And YES, those training classes! Both of us had fun seeing and interacting with other dogs and humans for that one hour each week, especially in times of Covid. The interactions are so controlled plus I get to play with other puppies and see how others handle their dogs (sorry, not a creep, I just like observing people behaviours..).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts