Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one by one they go :(

I thought I would be stuck with at least one for some time, but oh no.

Two went yesterday, one will leave tomorrow one on Sunday.
And the two that are left will leave as soon as possible.

I am feeling a bit blue about this but now I will finally have more time to train Vaka she has been kind of left out in the cold since she came. Would like to train her more so maybe we will just go to obedience class now :)

But they are all going to amazing homes and I could not be happier with that.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm feeling a little blue about that too. I was enjoying the group puppy pictures. Your dogs really are beautiful, Winnow.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I didn't know you had found a home for Purple too. Congratulations on finding homes for all the pups! I know it must be hard to let them go after all the time, love and work. They were such a good looking litter, I'll miss all the photos and updates!

The sire of your litter, and my pup, have several relatives in common. I can't wait to watch Arreau's new addition grow up!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
purple found a home today.

There was this lady who came to look at them 3 weeks ago and I heard nothing from her until today then she called and said she saw that purple was the only one left and that she wanted him she said he was her favorite when she came to visit.

So he is going to her tomorrow, she had a puppy from the first Spoo litter in Iceland so 5 of 6 are going to people who either have poodles or had poodles hehe.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Good for you Winnow!! It is a bit of a shock for a bit, but then you take a deep breath and look forward to the next crew. For a little while you enjoy that your life has returned to normal, then start getting puppy fever and wait, and wait, and wait until the next breeding happens. I am happy for you that everything went so well with your first experience!! Way to go!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jasper is Janeva Let The Game Begin. At quick glance it looks like a few they have in common are AM CH Eaton Affirmed TP, AM CH Syrena Right Of Way TP, AM CH Degana Cole Porter TP.
they also both have AM CH Litilann's Roland Of Shelzar and AM CH Markan Good Girls Don't

He also has the same grandfather as Vaka Avatar Concord :)

Good looking pedigree your boy has.

Are you going to show him ?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Well thanks for sharing the pictures and memorable moments you had with them. I loved all of them. Clearly you are doing the right things as your pups are stunners! They will be loved a ton I am sure.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all :)

I know I will she lots of pics from Arreau here on the forum, I hope ;)

Its just hard seeing them all go so soon.

But it was my time to have a good litter, this is my third and the last one I had I lost 3 pups and the mom (Cavalier).

So to have a breed that can go through whelping as easy as the Standard is a god send for me. There where no complication they almost just ran into the world. And all got there milk within two minutes of begin born.
Dima did a wonderful job and she is the best mom ever.

·
Registered
918 Posts
they also both have AM CH Litilann's Roland Of Shelzar and AM CH Markan Good Girls Don't

He also has the same grandfather as Vaka Avatar Concord :)

Good looking pedigree your boy has.

Are you going to show him ?
No wonder I liked the look of your pups so much :).

Vaka is a doll. I can't wait to see updated photos of her.

Yes, we are going to show Jasper. The breeder plans to show his sister. There were a couple of other promising pups in the litter, but I'm not sure if they'll be shown or not. Jasper's first show will be this May/June.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Oh my gosh, I just saw your latest post. I'm so sorry about your previous litter, how terrible! I'm happy for you that this one went so well, you deserved one full of joy and happiness.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Oh Winnow...what a dreadful experience!!!! I too am happy you had this lovely experience. I acquired a pregnant bitch from another breeder a couple of years ago and lost the entire litter to canine herpes. The vet figured because of the way everything happened that the Mom was exposed just prior to coming here. It was a nightmarish experience I would not wish on my worst enemy!!! I almost gave up breeding because I could never go through anything so awful again. Having three two and a half week old babies euthanised after losing three others over the previous week is not something I wanted to ever repeat. Thank God my fiance is level headed, and told me I had to try with my own again, because I would never know what would happen if I didn't. Well, Betty-Jo, Jenny and Lucy are some of the results of me trying, and I have my wonderful partner to thank for them. Just like you, I got to enjoy the entire experience because Holly is a fantastic whelper, and a delightful Mommy!!

Trust me, you will be kept updated with many, many photos of our boy. I take a gazillion photos and love to share!! AND you will be coming here someday and can see him up close and personal!!!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Winnow, just wanted to check in on you and the puppies! Hope everything is ok with all of you and you're safely away from all the volcanic activity.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I don't know how breeders do it, I would have a house full of dog if I were a breeder. Not only would I miss them but there are so many deceptive BYBs/doodle breeders out there. Hugs to Winnow, you are doing good work!

Stay safe too.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for thinking of me and my family :)
Everyone is safe and I hope it stays that way.
The only real danger where I live is from ash fall. But at the moment the wind is good for my town.

Just hope that the airport will stay open so Arreau can get her puppy 12.may, not that I would mind keeping him longer ;)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Thank you for thinking of me and my family :)
Everyone is safe and I hope it stays that way.
The only real danger where I live is from ash fall. But at the moment the wind is good for my town.

Just hope that the airport will stay open so Arreau can get her puppy 12.may, not that I would mind keeping him longer ;)
Apparently, accoridng to what we are seeing online, there is nothing in or out of Iceland right now... Hopefully by the big day things will have settled down somewhat. Thinking of you all...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
That great to hear Winnow !!!! :) Hopefully "puffer" will calm down already !!!

Half of the Europe had to cancel flights today :wacko: !!! Incredible :scared:

Keep us posted :clover:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts