Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Deb (spoospirit) posted pics of our outing with mostly pics of her lovely spoos (mine in the fray in some of them) but thought I'd start a thread with pics of mine. Some on the same day as the pics she shared, some of Alfie after his first "official" show coat grooming!

Alfie soggy, waiting to be blown dry! LOVE the wet dreadlocks....LOL.

Deb blowing and combing his hair!

Alfie and me right after he was done with the grooming. For some reason the camera made his silver look bluish, but it is a light silver, not blue at all, and man does he have TONS of silver coming in all over!
First show is in JUNE.... can't wait....lol.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
YES, he had a LOT of hair to be taken off to shape him, and we found after that he was still a bit heavy! Next trim we will take more off. BUT, that darn top knot is taking FOREVER to grow!!! Oh, well, he is still going out for his show!

He was leaning back in his stack.. fist time really stacked.. so I got in front of him to encourage him to come forward.... not great, but you can see how nice he will look when he gets the idea! And, yes, his hair is banded up all over the top of his head to help it grow... so looks funny...lol

"Hey, mom, this is FUN!"

Not moving forward well, having more fun staying by me and fooling, but let him enjoy it! He will get the idea soon enough and want him to always enjoy doing in it! Still shows nice reach and drive!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
WOW!! Alfie is going to be a hot platinum like Thinker. I love him. And btw...you and your sister with your sexy new hairdos are looking pretty smoking hot yourselves.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW!! Alfie is going to be a hot platinum like Thinker. I love him. And btw...you and your sister with your sexy new hairdos are looking pretty smoking hot yourselves.
LOL.. yeah, he is getting "hot" looking and, not sure if he will be platinum or just a light silver, but no matter, he is going to be SUU-WEEET! :)

And, ummm, gee, thanks about he hair doo. But 'hot'... NOT! lol. Funny how everyone loves us in our "old person's gray hair" LOL. Actually, we both love it ourselves, we are both glad we went 'natural'. :)

You have a "hot" little boy going your way soon too! Can't wait to see him growing up and strutting his stuff!

BTW.. wait till you see the pics of Chantel I put on shortly! She is looking sooo good in her CC!!!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Ooooo, Aunt Debbie threw a ball-all, Aunt Debbie threw a ball-all!"

"DANG, I dropped it!

GET BACK HERE BALL!"

"Ok, all's safe... got it back... COMIN'!!"

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Hey, Auntie Debbie is fun too!! Yeehaw, let's run!"

More ball playing...

Ain't I just so handsome!

Ok, time to rest and look pretty!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
LOL.. yeah, he is getting "hot" looking and, not sure if he will be platinum or just a light silver, but no matter, he is going to be SUU-WEEET! :)

And, ummm, gee, thanks about he hair doo. But 'hot'... NOT! lol. Funny how everyone loves us in our "old person's gray hair" LOL. Actually, we both love it ourselves, we are both glad we went 'natural'. :)

You have a "hot" little boy going your way soon too! Can't wait to see him growing up and strutting his stuff!

BTW.. wait till you see the pics of Chantel I put on shortly! She is looking sooo good in her CC!!!!
I really think he will be platinum. And YES!! You both are smokin' with the new dos.

When are you going to post the photos of Chantal in HER new do?? I am excited!! You KNOW how I feel about that girl!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Alfie is looking really good. It's amazing to see a poodle all fluffed out. He has some good moves too!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now for pics of us at out outing on Thursday! We sure had a GREAT time and so did the spoos! As Deb said, we had to drive around a bit to find a good spot to let the dogs out to play. We wanted NO swampy areas this time.. ticks are running rampant this year! So, we are trying to avoid places that could be good harbors of those UGLY things!

Grace tied to a tree and watching me working with Chantel... can't tell she wants to be the one I am working with can you? LOL
I clipped Grace into a nice utility type clip so she can be worked for obedience and agility and not over heat. She is GORGEOUS and is well put together but her color is not great.. not a nice light silver... just a gray color, so since her color would go against her in the breed ring, she will be doing agility and obedience this summer. She is super fast and wicked smart!

Here she is stacked... Her faults: she toes out very slightly in the front, her tail set is a little low, ears could be a bit longer and her color could be nicer. But, I feel she has a lot of things going for her: she has great angulation both front and rear, a lovely face, dark lovely shaped eyes, good ear set, deep proper chest, level back (except for tail set), completely square, lovely mover, great poodle type coat.

Grace trotting along...

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Alfie is sweet. Reminds me of the pictures I have seen with Suri, same coloring:) Love his tail though! I am trying to figure out the best way to trim up a gay tail lol!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK... I have kept you in suspense enough Arreau....LOL... here is Chantel.
My "little" girl is growing up.... sigh! She will be a year old on June 8th and I knew we would only be able to get her into one show before her birthday so decided it would be best not to chop off her pack she was growing to put her into a good puppy show clip just for one possible show. So, into the Conti she went. Now, this is not a finished clip. I have more cutting/fixing/tweaking to do with it, but it is a good roughing in for her.

Chantel waiting while Alfie is being "worked"....

Chantel stacked... she still needs some work with this but is getting pretty good at it!

Coming around to "show her side movement"

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Mom, is this what you want?"

"Hey, mom, I can move my legs just like yours! LOOK!"

"Yep, I do enjoy doing this!"

Midstride but a nice pic of her movement

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I did NOT think it was possible, but she looks even better in the Continental. OMG you guys, this puppy is divine. When her trim is tweaked (I cannot belive it) she is going to be even HOTTER still?? I don't know if I can stand. I have visions in my head. Can you guess what they are???

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Chantel looks great in her Conti. I love her bracelets all fluffed out. It seems like she could have the theme song, "These boots are made for Walkin!" LOL.

Grace is looking really good too. Her name fits her well. She has a beautiful structure.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Can I just say, delicious! What a beautiful group. Like I said in spoospirit's thread when I grow up I want to be on of your poodles! I love all that you do with them!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now for a few of the fun pics from the day. Deb shared a lot of the ones so I'll just add a few of my guys having fun and learning new things... like meeting strange other animals.... lol.

Grace needs a little encouragement but takes a sniff of the donkey!

Chantel was funny.. she was curious but not sure of these funny smelling things. Here I am encouraging her to touch noses...

Chantel saying "Are you SURE!"

Then.... "Ok, if you say it's ok, I'll give it a try"

1 - 20 of 40 Posts