Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not searching for another dog right now but I know some day I would want a silver/red toy (preferably a 5+ lbs toy). It seems to me that silver toy is very difficult to come by. Health and temperament are what I am looking for.

Does any of you know about the toy silver of this kennel? Or any other info about this kennel Home or other kennels that produce healthy silver toy is welcome.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmm…. no reply for 5 days…. so i assume there's nobody that has a super bad experience about this kennel to share nor does anyone have something to rave about it then.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I am not really into toys so I have no idea about this breeder. I went to the website and it looks like they breed some nice toys.

You may want to contact bamsd619 on here he breeds toys and probably knows a lot about what good toy breeders are out there with silvers.

( I will look in poodle variety when I get home for you)

Reactions: Mercury

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I checked the website and the only thing I notice is that there is no mention of health testing on the website. If you were considering this breeder, I would find out.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I checked the website and the only thing I notice is that there is no mention of health testing on the website. If you were considering this breeder, I would find out.
I agree just glanced at website just be sure to ask for proof of health testing with any breeder.

Reactions: Mercury

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They did talk about a little bit: We are careful in breeding only healthy poodles with sound temperament by testing for the following: Optigen prcd-PRA and Patellar Luxation.

That doesn't sound good enough for me. That's why I decided to see if you guys have heard anything about this kennel and then I might email them and ask for more details. I am not ready for another pup yet so I feel like wasting their time if I start writing them.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Alla is a wonderful person/breeder. She is from eastern europe, so there may be a slight translation problem, I'm not sure who does her website. She was instrumental in helping my friend getting the papers for her Russian dog- it is a whole different world there.
Carole

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I emailed Alegros earlier and asked my list of questions, e.g. cost of their puppies, terms of their contract, tests that they have done on their parents, pedigree…

And I received a one-line reply asking me to FIRST fill out their application. So without knowing the answers to any of the above questions, why should I even fill out an application?

·
Registered
708 Posts
So I emailed Alegros earlier and asked my list of questions, e.g. cost of their puppies, terms of their contract, tests that they have done on their parents, pedigree…

And I received a one-line reply asking me to FIRST fill out their application. So without knowing the answers to any of the above questions, why should I even fill out an application?
I hate it when breeders do that. If they don't have five seconds to answer those questions so that you don't have to spend half an hour filling out an application for a puppy you know nothing about, then move on to one that does:)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exactly!!! I don't want to waste my time and hers! Why can't she just answer my questions and remind me that she needs a formal application from me? If I am happy with her answers, I would definitely fill out the application! And, I think my questions are all legitimate ones. She should know, from the questions I asked, that my inquiry was a serious one and still, she didn't think she should at least 'entertain' this potential buyer.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Amitly is where I got my silver beige mini. I spent quite a bit of time with Anne at her kennel and saw many of her dogs ( which all adore her by the way). All were gorgeous!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, SW. I have checked out Amity and her dogs look great. I just wanted to check out all the potential (silver) breeders in CA and nearby states before heading to the midwest or the east coast. I am trying to avoid having a toy puppy shipped. Maybe I should just settle with a brown toy with a local breeder who is very reputable then.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

Poodlelover:
I believe this is incorrect. Please go back to the website above each dog's pedigree (foreigh/european with U.S. mixed lines) they mention the Optigen (A) , patella, hips.... They definitely do the testing. This is the first thing I looked at. Pls. go back and look again..

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
They did talk about a little bit: We are careful in breeding only healthy poodles with sound temperament by testing for the following: Optigen prcd-PRA and Patellar Luxation.
That doesn't sound good enough for me. That's why I decided to see if you guys have heard anything about this kennel and then I might email them and ask for more details. I am not ready for another pup yet so I feel like wasting their time if I start writing them.
But this is precisely the ONLY genetic testing needed for this variety (the toy). The standards have quite an extensive list of genetic tests they have to undergo before being bred, but TOYS only need Optigen/PRA, and Patella check.

Also my very good friend and client who is waiting for one of my puppies (show) from Lola and Cole's litter knows Amity (Anne Sepo) and swears by her.. She has beautiful poodles and is a very direct honest and ethical breeder. So there is a choice here.

Also I agree a breeder should FIRST answer a client's questions and then ask them to fill out a questionaire.. I would not waist time on someone who insists I fill out a questionaire and not reply to my valid questions regarding genetic testing.

Good luck in finding the right toy breeder and remember you dont have to settle just because of georgraphical location.

·
Registered
921 Posts
whitetpoodles "Also my very good friend and client who is waiting for one of my puppies (show) from Lola and Cole's litter knows Amity (Anne Sepo) and swears by her.. She has beautiful poodles and is a very direct honest and ethical breeder. So there is a choice here."
Yes, I too would highly recommend her! She was so honest with me, and really wanted me to end up with the best puppy that would fit me!
schnauzerpoodle, I do understand wanting to find one near you, that's what I was so concerned about too. But then found out Amily was 20 minutes down the road from me, (from our cabin) it was a miracle! Was so so so nice to be able to put my hands on the dogs and puppies, and get a feel for things.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hello My silver toy is from the breeder you are asking about. He is fabulous. He is the sweetest temperament and spunky enough to keep up with my wild Sheltie.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts