Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I wanted to go to his seminar but he is mostly on the east cost. He is also a Pro poodle handler

I think i will learn a lot about grooming from the people I have gotten in contact with :D

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is something,that does not show Mr.Waterman in a very good light.
http://standardpoodlesrus.com/Trust.htm
Jenna...exactly I just wanted to see if anyone else had read the horrible events that she suffered through. I thought about emailing her, because I can relate to her and the whole being new thing and not having a reputation of herself built yet and seeming to look like a "trouble maker". He is on my coast, that could have been just as easily me with Zoey....Things like this I am lucky to find on my own since I do not have spoo's there would normaly be no reason for me to see it. I just happen to be researching breeders when I stumbled across it. This is a VERY good reason networking expecially for newbie's is a very good thing.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yeah, I had seen that about him but decided when I read the beginning of this post that I wasn't sure if I should bring it up or not. I had shared this spoospirit a while ago. I had found it while doing a search on poodle show grooming. WOW, was all I could say as I read it and saw the pics!!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know that when newbies come in and have a bad experience like that with someone who is established, it is hard for us to say anything to anyone because "who would believe us" so we are stuck and I think things like this should be made known expecially when it is someone in a position they could do something like this/

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yeah read that also I could not believe what I was reading.
I didn't understand P4P for making a thread about him.... I thought she was was excite that he will have a grooming seminar near her

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
OK....I'm depressed and feel like crying. How can anyone, forget that he is a professional, do that to a dog :questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

I can't believe that no one took any action against this man to either clean up his act or shut it down!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah read that also I could not believe what I was reading.
I didn't understand P4P for making a thread about him.... I thought she was was excite that he will have a grooming seminar near her
I did not mean to mislead anyone by this thread, but I wanted to know if anyone else had read it, there were quite a few people who emailed her if you read them, that they had something like that happen to their dogs in his care as well. I just was not sure how to approach it on here that is all.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK....I'm depressed and feel like crying. How can anyone, forget that he is a professional, do that to a dog :questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

I can't believe that no one took any action against this man to either clean up his act or shut it down!!
I know exactly how you feel......I wanted to cry as well, but things could have been alot worse, Jenna could have been dead with the way she was being cared for, so there is a happy ending at least.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I did not mean to mislead anyone by this thread, but I wanted to know if anyone else had read it, there were quite a few people who emailed her if you read them, that they had something like that happen to their dogs in his care as well. I just was not sure how to approach it on here that is all.
Yeah this event that happened is very old ............. My mentor uses Alan and he has had no problems with him. I am not saying what he did is right but there really is no point bringing up the pass. You can privately email the breeder for condolences

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah this event that happened is very old ............. My mentor uses Alan and he has had no problems with him. I am not saying what he did is right but there really is no point bringing up the pass. You can privately email the breeder for condolences

SO, are you saying that if i have any questions in regards to things that have happened in the past I should not ask on this forum???? I had no idea there was an expiration date on information......

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
SO, are you saying that if i have any questions in regards to things that have happened in the past I should not ask on this forum???? I had no idea there was an expiration date on information......

You did not ask about Alan waterman , you said he is in your town and you been reading about him ? ( this could be good or bad you did not make your self clear) You did not ask is Alan waterman a good handler has anyone used him ... or has anyone had any problems with him.

I am not saying you can't ask about the man but your first post did not have any questions. Like I said i did not understand what this thread was about. Now everyone is posting on how bad He is based on something in the pass. Some people still use him and have no problems. I know breeders in CA and use him and they like him.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been reading about him........................
I did not say he was in my town............

You did not ask about Alan waterman , you said he is in your town and you been reading about him ? ( this could be good or bad you did not make your self clear) You did not ask is Alan waterman a good handler has anyone used him ... or has anyone had any problems with him.

I am not saying you can't ask about the man but your first post did not have any questions. Like I said i did not understand what this thread was about. Now everyone is posting on how bad He is based on something in the pass. Some people still use him and have no problems. I know breeders in CA and use him and they like him.

Ok, now I have an opinion on the other side, I wanted to know about him, was not sure how to bring it up, it happened in the past but it is significant information for someone who is ON the same coast as he is and shows and is a new person in the dog game......now that you are no longer confused as to the thread, and you have given your opinion on the topic, you don't have to reply if you do not want to. I was not asking for an argument, and I was not trying to personally attack you or anyone else, so I would still like to know what others opinions on the matter is. Just because it happened in the past does that mean that it should be locked away where it is nerver spoken of again because NOW he has no complaints against him so NOW it would not be taking a risk at having him handle/board a dog since it was "in the pass"?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"( this could be good or bad you did not make your self clear)" :questionmark: Please explain...good or bad what? I made myself clear after the first post, that I was not sure how to bring it up, so I think I have cleared things up in other posts here.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
"( this could be good or bad you did not make your self clear)" :questionmark: Please explain...good or bad what? I made myself clear after the first post, that I was not sure how to bring it up, so I think I have cleared things up in other posts here.
Yes I understand that . I was referring to before you posted what your thread was about. I just don't understand what this thread was created for ? did you wanted to warn people or talk about him behind his back ?

Again I don't agree with what has happen but people do make mistakes and some people have forgiven.

I will just leave this thread alone .... I have heard good things about him so far. I don't think people are having problems. There is not that many show people on here to get the kind of answers you are looking for. Google Alan up and start emailing breeders and see what they say about him. MANY breeders will come up.

AGAIN I never met the man but I don't judge people based on someone else experiences. My mentor uses him and he has yet to warn me about him. I will ask him for you when I call him on Tuesday

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

(bold emphasis mine)
She doesn't need to ask any questions in my opinion, she was stating facts, period. Aparently more than one person had problems with this handler and just because it was in the past, doesn't mean it didn't happen, nor does it make it less important or excusable. Your mentor and others in California may be very happy with him and that's fine, but what he did is still horrible, in my opinon. This is a public forum and everyone has the right to know the good, the bad and the ugly.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts