Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow poodlers :) Can someone please tell me what is needed for an AKC versatility title on a spoo?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Well, to me, a poodle would need to be able to operate the washer and dryer, dishwasher and vacuum cleaner to be truly versatile. But that's just me.

sorry I can't actually answer your question though. :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, to me, a poodle would need to be able to operate the washer and dryer, dishwasher and vacuum cleaner to be truly versatile. But that's just me.

I believe that is a Good Housekeeping versatility title :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
LOL!!

Could you please train my puppy to do all of those things??:smile-big:

·
Registered
125 Posts
And Pearl did her best with mouth & paws to clean up a mess with paper towels... :D

Sorry! (I'm guessing one of the major sites like AKC or VIP will have the info? I've seen it around...)

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Ok... back to the real quesiton. Are you talking AKC Versatility, the Versatilty Obedience class or the Versatility in Poodle Certification?

AKC Versatility....
In 2001, the AKC began to offer the Versatile Companion Dog (VCD) title as a way to reward those hardworking dogs and handlers who compete in all the Companion sports of Obedience, Agility, and Tracking.

For example, if your dog completes his Companion Dog (CD) title in Obedience and his Tracking Dog (TD) title in Tracking and two Agility Requirements, both from either the Regular or Preferred classes, such as NA & NAJ or the NAP & NJP titles, he will then be awarded the title of VCD1. The 1 denotes that this is the first level, or novice level, of accomplishment. As the dog completes higher levels he can earn a VCD2, VCD3, and even a VCD4. The ultimate title for the Versatile Companion Dog is the Versatile Companion Champion Dog (VCCH) title. So far, no dog has accomplished this prestigious title.

All show records toward these titles are maintained by the AKC and owners are automatically issued a VCD title certificate upon completion of the requirements. For a more detailed look at what titles are required for the VCD levels here is a list below:

Versatile Companion Dog Title
The AKC will issue a Versatile Companion Dog certificate and will permit the use of the letters VCD following the name of each dog that completes the titles as follows:

Versatile Companion Dog 1 (VCD1) - CD, NA, NAJ, TD or CD, NAP, NJP, TD
Versatile Companion Dog 2 (VCD2) - CDX, OA, OAJ, TD or CDX, OAP, OJP, TD
Versatile Companion Dog 3 (VCD3) - UD, AX, AXJ, TDX or UD, AXP, AJP, TDX
Versatile Companion Dog 4 (VCD4) - UDX, MX, MXJ, VST or UDX, MXP, MJP, VST

Versatility Optional Titling Class in Obedience
Dogs in this class need to be able to complete all the exercises in Novice, Open and Utility. Two exercises are chosen from each level. After three qualifying scores, a dog earns the Obedience title VER

Versatility in Poodle Certificate
Awards certificate based on titles, working history and health. Versatility In Poodles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts