Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a horribly random question that I have been thinking about for a while and frankly, I don't know why I didn't ask all of you smart people sooner!!

We bought Cozi on a limited registration, and have had her spayed, obviously no showing, so is it really important to still send in her AKC papers??? My family has always done it in the past, but hubby asked the brilliant question of "What are we really paying for???" It is not expensive but is it important if we cannot show/breed?

Thank you for reading!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
yes and no. In the grand scheme of things some people feel like it is just paper and I suppose they are correct. It not especialy important to be registered on a whole it makes no difference to your dog or how you care for it.
However on the flip side that registration paperwork IS extremely important in that it can serve as your proof of ownership. I say go ahead and send the papers in. they have come in handy once for me. I was the owner of record and it saved some nasty legal actions from being needed. They can back up that microchip number and such too. I learned in that instance that you can never have too many documents that say the same thing.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
In addition to the reasons WP mentioned, if you Ever want to do AKC sports with her having her registured is one less hassle. I didnt enter Riley in an AKC sport until he was 5 years old, and i never had any intention to before that. You never know what the future will bring. Perhaps you will get into rally or agility or something and want to enter shows.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Or you can just register her online. As long as you have the number anyone can register a dog online and you pay the same fee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts