Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just joined today after adopting our first miniature poodle on Sunday. Her name is Jessie- she's a retired circus dinner show performer (at the young age of 1.5 years) and I'm retired from technical sales (at significantly more than 1.5 dog years old...)! Retired life means we have plenty of time to play together. She's joining our family of 2 cats and so far things have been peaceful other than a little separation anxiety from being away from the family who raised her.

Looking forward to getting involved in the forum! Jessie is my first dog (my husband grew up with larger breed dogs) so I'll likely have more questions than advice :)

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! Jessie sounds like she is going to be loads of fun! Maybe with all that training behind her you should join a dog training club to keep her busy..........poodles need engagement both mentally and physically. Tell us about her career as a entertainer! Does she know lots of tricks? How about a picture too?

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
How exciting. How did you find Jessie and what was she doing?

I have a minipoo too. When I got my dog I enjoyed the training so much I started to participate in dog sports. It’s a lot of fun, you meet and make friends with lots of caring people. And the dogs love it because it’s fun, stimulating and lots of treats are involved.its a great way to spend some of your retirement time with Jessie.

Welcome.

·
Premium Member
4,119 Posts
Welcome to you and Jessie - what an interesting past she has. Glad you could join us and feel free to ask questions - this is a great community.

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
pictures please!

·
Premium Member
9,708 Posts
Welcome to you and Jessie! I saw her picture on your other post, and hope you have many years with that cutie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts