Poodle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just love reading all the threads on this forum. Since we are obviously keeping Star and even though there is no way to know her breeding background I can't wait to see what Poodleriffic traits she displays. My husband really loves her too and he wanted us to add a big dog down the road a bit (Our last dogs were large) now I think he will be convinced to go for a Spoo. He said he never imagined wanting a poodle till he met Star. I wonder if along with the bile acid test, I should have her health tested just to know what to expect. Our male GSD had Degenerative Myelopathy and it was the most horrible experience, much like what a displastic dog goes through. I read in one of the old threads about someone going thru it and it reminded me how awful it was, I would have done much more had I been prepared and knowledgeable. Maybe toys don't get it? Maybe the test costs too much to make sense? I have so much research to do. I just come on here and get stuck reading for long periods of time. Sorry, I cannot participate more but I just do not really know anything. I did read that AKC is opening up to mixed breeds for agility, if Star continues to be so active and her health remains good I may consider doing that. She seems to have poodle smarts, is there anyway to know at this age if she would be good at agility or benefit from it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts