Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which clippers do you recommend and why? I’ll just be doing FFT I think (for now), and I am wondering the pros and cons of different clippers from people who use them! :)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I like bravura for face. It is okay for feet but bravmini is best. Bravura has 5 in 1 blade which is super useful and it is smaller than big clippers so better for face.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely the Bravura with the SS wahl combs you can do the whole dog. Itsvmore comfortable to hold too. I gave away my Agc2 just didn't care for it.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Bravura

Reactions: d81r

·
Registered
358 Posts
The bravuras are trimmers and the acg2s are clippers.

Trimmers are lighter and Quieter. Mainly used for sensitive parts like face, feet and sanitary. you can do a full trim with them but you can’t use the blades only comb attachments which on woolly coats I prefer anyway.

Clippers are heavier and louder and made for taking bulk of coat off. You can use clipper blades which a lot of people prefer to.

I only use clippers myself but thats because I groom other breeds if I was just grooming poodles I would opt for the bravuras.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Does the Bravura have much less vibration? Peggy hates the AGC2 on her face and legs. She's looking more and more like a doodle!
Yes it does. I would highly recommend bravura for a sensitive dog. Also the bravmini has even less vibration, making it best for feet. But I don't like it so much for face.

·
Super Moderator
5,083 Posts
Thank you! Looks like they're usually $133 on Amazon and this third-party seller has decided to take this opportunity to pad the price a bit by making it the same price as the kit version. I don't trust third party sellers after getting burned a few times. But I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Thank you! Looks like they're usually $133 on Amazon and this third-party seller has decided to take this opportunity to pad the price a bit by making it the same price as the kit version. I don't trust third party sellers after getting burned a few times. But I'll keep looking.
I couldn't find them any less than $147 when I bought mine a year ago, but I think some colors were always higher in the $160-170 range. I suspect this price is normal for this color. But yeah if you wait you can definitely find it cheaper. A little bit more fur growth won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
If you're thinking Wahl cordless 5 in 1 like the Bravura, Wahl makes several 5 in 1 versions. Below I hope will be a picture with the various styles and some specs on them. I started my search with the Bravura, but the price at the time was hovering around $160 USD. I looked at the battery life cycle and did my usual research, including PF :).
With a $15 coupon, I went with the Motion, $190 before coupon. because of the detachable handle (well worth it for me) and double the stated battery recharge life cycle.

Point being, these are all very similar in performance. Battery type varies as well as a few features. Blades can be upgraded. By having more to choose from, some models may still be available somewhere.
I'd rule out the Arco Vet since that's a surgical length blade. I'd only consider it if the blade is replaceable with more usable lengths but it would be a last choice for me.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
This company may still have these two Wahl's in stock. When I put any of the others in my cart I get the "out of stock" notice. They are Groomers Mart with a note on the site that they are a part of Groomers Mall. Groomers Mall has been mentioned in the Grooming Forum by a member a few years back, I think positively, FWTW.

Reactions: Porkchop

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Andis has corded clippers well recommended. They have a cordless model, Bravura etc comparable, but no one has ever mentioned it. I'm mentioning it now :).

It's the Pulse Li 5 Cord/Cordless Clipper, in stock here. This is a company I've done business with for at least 5 years for pet rx and other supplies.

·
Super Moderator
5,083 Posts
Oh Peggy darling 😂😂😂. This is a very unique look.
She's lucky she thinks it's another dog when she catches a glimpse of herself in the mirror. 😂

Let's just leave this pretty little clean-faced angel here as a memory of a better time and one we (I hope!) will get back to again soon...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
There is a big difference between the Bravura, and the Bravura mini. All of the clippers have different models and each of them is different.

I have arthritis and wanted the lightest, smallest, and to also do FF&F, so it was recommended I use the Bra Mini. But then I found out it only has the #30, which is way to close for my super sensitive poodle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts