Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
My Asta is so bad at grooming (entirely my fault for not grooming him more as a puppy) and after a week I have just finished up (very short sessions) I used a 7 blade this time and it seems almost too short, but know how quickly it will grow out. My DH said he looked really poodley. Best compliment I could have received! I would share a picture but he is my black blob (I have a cheapo camera) and like Lily cd re, he is really shy when it comes to photos. Almost as much trouble as grooming - LOL. I wonder how this boy hasn't learned to be more still when grooming, as he is such a good help to me at all other times. I need more patience, an enduring fault of mine.

Super Moderator
Don't blame yourself, Claire. Over the decades I've developed extreme patience, yet my own Bella still puts on a show when it comes to grooming and riding in cars. She's otherwise the chillest-ever poodle. It's just her thing. Everyone has something that triggers their anxiety, and dogs are no different.

Anyway, glad it worked out this time and you got a nice compliment.

Registered
I do not do everything in one grooming session. Yesterday I gave Zoe a bath and today I'll clip. I may not ever get all the clipping done today - maybe just feet because it's cold in the workshop even with the heater on.

Registered
Congrats1 Isn't it nice how these little sessions each day add up? It is so funny how some dogs are born for the camera - real hams - and others slink away - just like people. I have so many selfies with my Dalmatian because you just had to say "selfie" and he would come running, jump on your lap (all 60 pounds worth) lean in and grin and I barely have any pictures of my English Pointer because he was such a wall flower and would always look like I was dog-shaming him. Poodlekid is a nice pictures taker - he doesn't mind it at all!

Registered
Some dogs really hate the camera flash. If you can turn it off, you'll have a happier camper! But it is funny how even so, some love having a camera in their face and others are like, "Stop!" Frosty loves the spotlight, loves a photo session, and will hold a pose. Maiz is a little more shy and often looks sad in photos.

Anyway, great job on the grooming. My dogs were started as itty babies and still hate being groomed. I do them over several days and am very gentle, but they are highly sensitive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts