Poodle Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
According to the specs, the blade should be the same so that's puzzling. Not sure why it would be - older vs new, manufacturing changes, hard to say. I know the whole blade assembly pops off of the Motion, so I'd expect it would also off the Arco and the Bravura. You can try switching that from the Arco to the Bravura to see if that makes a difference.

I used the stock blade with the Motion and it was pretty vibration free but when I popped on the diamond blade that I bought, it's got a lot more vibration.

The metal combs are great, aren't they?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Short video here showing how to pop off the blade. That's in the first 10-15 seconds. You shoulda seen me trying it the first time :(.

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Blades vary from one to another, seems to me, even in the same model.

Also just checking you refresh the gear lube in addition to oiling the blade. I started thinking about your original post. My clipper is also the Bravura, and I use Wahl blade oil, but Oster gear lube since that was what I found most easily. Gear lube doesn't have to be used as frequently as blade oil, but it seems important from the little I know.
I have no idea where this « gear lube » goes and I don’t have any. I’ve watched many maintenance videos but none mentioned this. Is there a tutorial somewhere about this ?

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Short video here showing how to pop off the blade. That's in the first 10-15 seconds. You shoulda seen me trying it the first time :(.

oh yeah, the first time it took me very long. I thought you needed a screwdriver but couldn’t find the screws...

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I can't recall how I found out about gear lube, but it's easiest to see where it goes on a new blade because new ones fresh out of the packet come prepared with lube already in there. Wahls have always had white lubricant in my experience. The Oster I use is red. No idea why...

If you turn the blade upside down in your hand, in the center there are two little wall looking things that fit around the little metal whirly pin on the clipper body. I just make sure those walls stay populated with a tiny squirt of the gear lube, which has the consistency of vaseline. So when the blade is on and the clipper running, that metal pin that whirls around between the walls stays lubricated.

Sorry for my poor explanation. Whirly metal pin thingie LOL 😂😂😂😂.

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I can't recall how I found out about gear lube, but it's easiest to see where it goes on a new blade because new ones fresh out of the packet come prepared with lube already in there. Wahls have always had white lubricant in my experience. The Oster I use is red. No idea why...

If you turn the blade upside down in your hand, in the center there are two little wall looking things that fit around the little metal whirly pin on the clipper body. I just make sure those walls stay populated with a tiny squirt of the gear lube, which has the consistency of vaseline. So when the blade is on and the clipper running, that metal pin that whirls around between the walls stays lubricated.

Sorry for my poor explanation. Whirly metal pin thingie LOL 😂😂😂😂.
Ohhhh yeah, I’ve seen it on my new blade ! Can you put a link to the brand you buy and how often do you put it on ?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Hi, this is a link to the one I bought a few years ago, I think from amazon. Still have plenty. I just add a tiny bit if it seems to have dissipated through cleaning off hair. Also when I wash a blade with soap and toothbrush, once it's completely dry, I squirt lube in between the walls before putting it on the clipper.

Today watching a Wahl video, I learned to put the blade in the 40 position before removing it. Good to know; I'll be sure to do that going forward. Always wondered if it matters. Guess it does.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts