Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So I may be moving to a new room and the lady there has 2 poodle mixes :D That's the good news haha. The iffy news is that I did want to get a service dog or a puppy i can train as such. She is reluctant on me getting a puppy puppy (all the house training etc lol I get it) so my next thought is to look into an older dog a few months older that i could still do that with. But now I got no idea of how to go about this. ideas?

I am in Ottawa Canada, willing to travel a bit. I'd be looking for a mini. I also believe our borders are opening the end of the month so that's good to know too lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sometimes breeders will keep a puppy for a longer period of time and train it to do the basics for you for an additional cost. Since you want it to be a service dog, I’d see if this is a possibility since the breeder will likely care for it very well.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Minis are the hardest to find. Maybe an oversized toy would also be interesting. I would call breeders from the CKC page and ask if they have an older puppy or know someone who does.

The show world is small and everyone knows everyone (I’m talking about show breeders because they are the most likely to be ethical and do the necessary health testing).

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Hi,

I'm pulling the Canadian (so far) resource links for you from this thread. Some breeders over the border may be geographically doable for you. See the full list for the US breeders by state, if you like.

Canada

Canadian Kennel Club

Poodle Club Of Canada
Poodle – Poodle club of Canada
Breeder Listings

All Provinces

http://www.poodleclubcanada.club/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/PCC2020Breeders.pdf
--------------

Ontario
S PFM
Toronto, Ontario
S