Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in the Northeast especially these may interest you, but actually at this year's advanced workshop there are people from Virginia, Tennessee, South Carolina and Canada (Quebec, heard French being spoken). Betsy and Linda put out flyers for the 2019 Foundations, Intermediate and Advanced workshops they will be giving at Top Dog Obedience School in Flanders, NJ.

Foundations is for three days, June 7 - 9 and will cover attention, heeling and foundation skills like recalls and fronts and finishes.

The Intermediate workshop is for four days August 2 - 5 and will cover teaching of the open and utility exercises. Javelin and I did that workshop last year.

The Advanced workshop will be September 13 - 16 and will cover proofing and motivation for the open and utility exercises. Javelin and I are at this workshop now, but I already put in a deposit for it for next year.

The 2019 events aren't on the website yet, but working spots tend to fill quickly so either check the Top Dog site frequently at Top Dog Obedience School or send an email to [email protected] to ask for further information.

Reactions: Skylar

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that I have had a chance to sleep on some of what we worked on over the weekend I am so happy we went. It was all good for both of us. I got some clarity on why we are not progressing with some things and it was great for Javelin to be around so many other dogs (intact and neutered males, large and small breeds, etc).

I actually think I might also go to foundations in June 2019 for a chance to tighten up my footwork on turns and pivots as well as for a chance to pick up pointers for people in my classes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts