Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just adopt a one to two year old female Marshmallow. My kids love her. We have brought her to the vets and she is very healthy and active. Our vet thinks she is a white toy poodle but a lot of my friends think she looks like a Bischon Frise. What do you guys think? B1B0442F-2BF4-4DAF-A448-3E78F52B2618_1571102237394.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
She’s such a cutie ! She definitely is very long with short legs/muzzle for a poodle, so probably a bichon. Or maybe a mix.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Hi and Welcome to you and Marshmallow! So adorable and what a great name! It's not always easy to guess breeds, especially when there are similarities in the breeds. She could even be both :).

It may just be a trick of lighting, but did the vet think she may have had pups recently?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
What a precious, sweet baby! Thank you for adopting :love: You got a gem. I think she looks more Bichon Frise, but I agree she could be a mix of Bichon with poodle. My sister had that mix and he was the sweetest dog ever. And indeed, it looks like she's had a litter.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
:welcome: She's definitely adorable and very pretty. What a bright looking expression. And coat for that matter...bright and white. Very pretty. I agree that she may be a bichon/poodle mix perhaps. I think that's great that you found such a nice little dog to adopt. Looking forward to seeing more of her. :marchmellow:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi and Welcome to you and Marshmallow! So adorable and what a great name! It's not always easy to guess breeds, especially when there are similarities in the breeds. She could even be both :).

It may just be a trick of lighting, but did the vet think she may have had pups recently?
Yes you are genius, the vet thinks she has pups recently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your kind replies. Our family really likes her and no matter which breed she is, or perhaps a bichon poodle mix, we will still love her. Just that we want to know more about her in order to take care of her better.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have several pups that are mixed with poodle on here and they are all sweet and cuddly. Marshmallow is very cute and I am sure you will have lots of happiness with her. She can probably be groomed as a poodle or a bischon. I love both breeds.

·
Super Moderator
5,238 Posts
Marshmallow is adorable! She reminds me of my last dog, Gracie, who was absolutely wonderful. She had very similar eyes and leg-to-body-length proportions.

We had her DNA tested through Wisdom Panel and it came back with half miniature poodle, a quarter miniature dachshund, and a quarter unidentifiable mixed breeds (specifically a combination of guard and terrier).

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Welcome, she is a cutie! You can see from my dogs that I have a combination of poodle and Bichon. My Bichon mix has very much a Bichon personality. She is happy, sweet, and super friendly, very bonded to her people. And we know here that poodles are sparkly, fun, and smart. I don’t think you can go wrong with that mix.

Enjoy, glad she has a good home with you!

·
Premium Member
9,702 Posts
She certainly is cute! Thank you for giving her a forever home. Welcome to PF, adorapoodle works for me:)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Thank you for adopting her, and what an adorable name! I would say she looks like a mix, but it isn't always easy to tell. If she has a good personality and is a good fit for your family/living situation, that is what matters most :) Looks like she is having fun already!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts