Aug.3 I adopted a puppy out to a young woman (an adult) living
in a nearby town, a sweet little rat terrier mixed puppy that was
so glad to be out of its cage and go home with a girl to love her
and play with her and give her kisses. Yesterday, I logged into
facebook (been a few days since pup was adopted) and went
to friends photos. There I saw an album titled "Unexpected
Puppy," and it was the puppy!...but it wasn't the people I
adopted the pup out to. I got the girls number that made the
album and gave her a call and described the pup to her...
sure enough it was "Chloe". The girl said her family came home
to discover the pup in their backyard with their other dogs in
the pen with a note on the pen that read "Please take her.
They was going to kill her (talking about shelter euthanizing her).
I did get a name after calling up the person that brought the
girl out there to get it, the guy however I called said two other
females he was with decided to put it in the Mcghan's back yard
and one wrote the note. I did get the adopters mothers phone
number and gave her a call. She knew she had brought a puppy
home but didn't know where she had gotten it and told her they
could not take care of it right now,so the mother called the young
man and told him to come get it and do something with it, when it
wasn't his place too, they should have called us to take it back!! I
told the mother everything on the phone and the daughter was
facing a felony for "abandonment" charges.Mother went on to tell
me her daughter has mental problems and issues and was just so
upset. I told her we are going to let her go and the other people
involved putting the puppy in back yard this time, but they are
never allowed to adopt from us again, and to pass on the message
to her "mentally ill" daughter. Ridiculous.

The nice people that has the dog now are going to foster it until
it finds a home.:)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Um...what was the point of her adopting the puppy if they were just going to get rid of it? That was a complete waste of time for everyone involved. That puppy could have been adopted by someone who would actually take responsibility for it.

I wish people would think of the responsibility that comes with adopting/buying a puppy. It's cute and cuddly until, oh it peed on the floor, or oh it needs to be feed. What I really want to know is why didn't they just return her to the shelter, instead of dropping her off in someones backyard and going through all the trouble of leaving a note?

At least the puppy is in the hands of a loving family until they can find her a good home.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um...what was the point of her adopting the puppy if they were just going to get rid of it? That was a complete waste of time for everyone involved. That puppy could have been adopted by someone who would actually take responsibility for it.

I wish people would think of the responsibility that comes with adopting/buying a puppy. It's cute and cuddly until, oh it peed on the floor, or oh it needs to be feed. What I really want to know is why didn't they just return her to the shelter, instead of dropping her off in someones backyard and going through all the trouble of leaving a note?

At least the puppy is in the hands of a loving family until they can find her a good home.

I know it eats me up, but at least they didn't kill it or drop it off on an abandon road of something. Poor Chloe, they are lucky this time...abandonment is a felony and Arkansas just passed a new animal
cruelty law!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Yikes, I wonder how often stuff like that happens. I do like how breed specific rescue groups (more common than others) seem to have VERY strict rules about adopting dogs.

When I was first looking to adopt a German Shepherd two rescue groups even denied my application because I was living with my boyfriend and not married that was their only reason, granted I can give a dog a good home and financially support it but I suppose that's the way it has to be sometime to ensure safe homes for dogs.

I never understood it then, in fact it really annoyed me at the time! After reading this though it makes much more sense and makes me happy they are so strict!

·
Registered
135 Posts
WOW! Its a good thing you found out where little Chloe went. I hope she finds her forever home soon. Good detective work on your part!!:top:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts