Poodle Forum banner

Adjustable grooming tables?

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  twyla 
#1 ·
So many descriptions of grooming tables (ads) say their table is adjustable, but the only adjustment I see is the arm that holds the noose.

Is there such a thing as a lower table or a handicap accessible? I want to start grooming all my dogs but have to sit down to do it, and the regular height of a table is too high.

#2 ·
I saw a motorized table on Chewy.com. I also saw a folding table with adjustable legs on Amazon. You had to zoom in on the photo, but you could see that the table had telescoping legs with spring buttons to adjust the height. I don't know anyone using either one, so I can't say how well they work.

#3 ·
I saw a motorized table on Chewy.com. I also saw a folding table with adjustable legs on Amazon. You had to zoom in on the photo, but you could see that the table had telescoping legs with spring buttons to adjust the height. I don't know anyone using either one, so I can't say how well they work.
I have seen the electric and hydraulic ones, but they are just more, and bigger, than what I need. But I’ll definitely go look for the one you mentioned on amazon.

Thank you for letting me know about it!

#5 ·
Good question! I have a coffee table I use for pretty much anything but, that would be about the right height. I certainly could convert us easily enough, after reading your suggestions, and use that. Then I don’t have to find a place to put yet another table.
Thank you!

#6 · (Edited)
I almost bought this table but ultimately went for a folding adjustable table. The cool thing about this one is that you can rotate the dog while you stay in place. Just place it on whatever surface you choose. approx 21" diameter. Some sellers have this for even less.

Chewy sells a similar table, approx 18" diameter. This brand is also available on Amazon.

#7 ·
Thank you for the suggestion! I did look at this, but I think it might not be quite wide enough for Zeke, although it would be perfect for the other two. I’m still thinking about it though and will have to measure just how long he is when standing. I know his back is about 14” w/out his tail or head.

#8 ·
The folding table I use is 18" x 24". Neo, my bigger guy, sounds about the same back length as Zeke. Neo's about 14lbs. I promise, his posture is funky because he does not like being groomed lol. I wouldn't have minded a slightly larger table, but he fits with some to spare.

#9 ·
The folding table I use is 18" x 24". Neo, my bigger guy, sounds about the same back length as Zeke. Neo's about 14lbs. I promise, his posture is funky because he does not like being groomed lol. I wouldn't have minded a slightly larger table, but he fits with some to spare.

. View attachment 464572
Really something to think about. Zeke has about 3-4 pounds on Neo, but they do look very similar in size. So the round table is 22” in diameter. Do you think that will be enough? Now I’m thinking it might be. It would be almost the same price to get this as it would to get everything individually to convert my table. Now I’m talking myself into it lol.

Thank you so much Rose, I think this is the answer.

#10 ·
I think it could work, especially if he's pretty chill on the table. I think the advantage of having it come as a set, plus being able to rotate the pups makes up for losing the approx 2.5". He'll have enough standing room.

Reviews seem pretty legit and positive. Check them out if you haven't already.

#11 ·
I just read a bunch of reviews. It has 4.3 stars I think, and people are really happy with it. I’ve made up my mind I’m getting it, just when is the question. I might want to wait until I get back from vacation the end of May. But I’ll keep my eye on it and if it’s close to selling out I’ll jump on it. Now I’m getting excited!

#12 ·
#15 ·
I would check the weight on the table before you purchase mine is a similar version, does two heights but is a bit heavy.
It was a game changer in grooming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.