Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raffi is driving me nuts! It's not his fault though. My other dog, a breeding female (a mastiff) is in heat and this is the first time he has taken notice of it- he is 12 months old.
Oh, the whining, the restlessness, the barking!
I wanted to keep him intact but we will see if I can handle this twice a year! Thankfully though, he only really got bad at day 10 or 11, I know some males are crazy the whole time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do you have a family member or friend he could possibly stay with? If you have a big enough, you could definitely rotate their time out, keep him or her in a different room and when he’s out, you can keep him busy by playing some sort of game with him outdoors.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Sounds like a handful. How are you keeping them apart? I have friends who insist on at least two doors in their house between any males and a female in heat.

·
Super Moderator
1,637 Posts
Sounds like a handful. How are you keeping them apart? I have friends who insist on at least two doors in their house between any males and a female in heat.
Ooh yeah. Someone in my family had a Golden Retriever chew through a door to get to another dog in heat. At least the other dog was also a Golden, but they were much to closely related to be bred.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts