Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last installment: The Birthday Season

The azaleas are all in bloom in sunny Florida.

Lautrec is one year: May 23, 2010

Here I am in all my glory ... a big, gentle soul.

Where is my birthday song? Happy Birthday, Lautrec. We love you !

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Aw, happy belated birthday, Lautrec!

Teddy's birthday is today. I have a question for you. Now, I don't put a lot of stock in this sort of thing (but I think it's kind of fun and sometime accurate as to personalities), but since your dog is also a Gemini, I'm just curious--is he moody, even if he's generally good natured, does he just have those days where he wants to do his own thing?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy Birthday, Teddy ! Two geminis, eh? Lautrec's mood is pretty consistently upbeat. He has a little mischievous side now and then; but even that, is easily redirected. The one quality he does have is "smarts". He has great eye contact and looks us straight in the eyes to read our moods. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Here's to your little birthday boy:cake: !

·
Registered
553 Posts
Happy Birthday, Lautrec! And a happy birthday to Teddy as well. Lautrec really does look like Gorky. They are both large dogs also.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Happy birthday Lautrec & Teddy! Lautrec certainly does look like Gorky and they are large dogs! How much does Lautrec weigh?

I just love the first photo in front of the azaleas!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you to all for the birthday greetings. Lautrec weighs 85 lbs. and is 28" tall. Although he has a solid build, he looks even bigger with his longer hair. His coat is very thick and wavy. What amazes me about him is his speed. Despite his build, he can take off like a horse on a track and can turn on a dime in pursuit of a ball. It is a sight to behold. Gorky, did I not say the two boys look alike :)? Maybe they were brothers in another life.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
I don't know what I adore more--the look of your poos or their names!! What super cool poos, and I know they only need the bunny ears 'cuz they can easily grow bunny tails any time they want to! lol

Hippo belated Birdie 2 Lautrec! Lots of May babies, my Chagall turned one May 17th!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Happy belated birthday to Chagall! Like the name very much. One day older than Gorky. There really are alot of May birthdays. Great month to be born.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Gorky,Thanks for "celebrating" Chagall! We're lucky enough to have a number of Marc Chagall's works and if (heaven forbid) we ever had to evacuate our house, I know my husband would grab for those first. I named our minipoo "Chagall" to be certain " he'd get grabbed up too! I know my husband would rescue ALL the "Chagalls! (lol)!

It's a lucky thing to have a May-born poodle in the northeast, it gives you months of outdoor play time before winter sets in and being cooped up with a rammy puppy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts