Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the weekend I went to a show. It was a three hour trip, pouring rain, hail stones, wind was gushing. Yep a horrible wet weather weekend to show.

Anyhoo, My bitch Jessi won Best Of Breed Making her a NEW AUSTRALIAN CHAMPION :whoo:
Sorry terrible pic of her

Then Mickey was awarded Dog Challenge and Runner Up Best Of Breed and then went onto get Junior In Group. :whoo: That means he was the best junior in Group 7 on the day to those that dont understand showing.

So although a crappy weather weekend, it ended up being an excellent one at the same time.

I really need to catch up on all the posts here, been on a downer the last few weeks.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the reason I dont post much pics. Noone likes me or my dogs. See plenty of ppl come in and no replies.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I appreciate your pics and brags Sivaro. This forum has became to be a bit of waste of time for me lately. I more less mean Im wasting my time on here when I really have better things I could be doing. Oh... and its getting boring to me. ( you didn't miss a thing) Luckily I like a few people here so I still peek in to see whats new occassionally and how's everyone doing.

Ive decided to move forward with my Amstaffs instead of the Poodle route incase you didn't read that yet. I do like Poodles still and can appreciate what the breed has to offer but the Amstaff suite's my life style better.

Anyhow, I love the pics you posted and who couldn't appreciate show dog pics. Sounds like you had a crazy weekend but its always nice taking home the top dog...and the ribbons. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
This is the reason I dont post much pics. Noone likes me or my dogs. See plenty of ppl come in and no replies.

Oh and thats due to jealousy. Why would someone not like you? What it really boils down to is you have nice show dogs and are very knowledgeable about the breed. So what....thats what everyone else's pets came from at some point. If there weren't show exibitors and good breeders we would only have c**p to choose from when buying a dog.

Ive noticed too that people look at my pics I post and I know my dogs look nice but they say nothing to me either. lmao!! Then there quick to comment on the muts that look like mix's. What ever is what I say with a big great smile!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jenn, I love the way you are so much like me. "Say it how it is" :pound: Yes getting like this on many forums I have been on, finding it very hard to reply and put post up or even want to comment on help and problems. But I have been on a real downer lately anyway, other things in my life happening which is pretty shitful.

Even owning poodles isnt making me wish to stay alive anymore.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh and forgot to say, no I didnt see your post on going to amstaffs only. Wishing you the best of success with them. They are a lovely breed also. hugs.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sivaro,

I have found that it's easier for people to be mean on a forum (not much on this one, but elsewhere) because they are anonymous. If it's getting you down, why not avoid those people or forums.

You sound like you feel terrible. Do you have someone you can talk to in person that would understand? Please don't keep it to yourself.

·
Registered
329 Posts
sorry, Sivaro. I love your pics and of course your dogs are beautiful. Sometimes I have time to stop in and peek, but not enough time to post a reply. I'm sure there are alot like me, try not to take offense. I did have a ? about your pic. Her tail looks docked, I thought that wasn't allowed? Did that just become law? How are the different tails treated in the ring? Just curious, I don't show at all but I don't think an undocked tail can even be shown in AKC.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I always post when someone shows pictures - but the forum has been a little dead lately - not much going on. I have tried to start a few threads but I think people must be busy with holidays coming maybe? Have definely missed you Sivaro!!! cheer up - things will get better.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks ladies. Sorry how Im feeling, I really shouldnt let anything get to me. Not all of this is about posts I just mentioned it as there were the ones with pics in the past that only a few ever really reply to. But alot of things are bad atm, the forums really is just a small issue.

Sam I am, Jessi has a full tail. She comes from a line where they arent that long, the occassional pup has a long tail but not as bad as some standard or mini poodles. I guess Im blessed with this but I do get gay tails. We havnt been able to dock for a couple of years now, its a $7,000.00 fine or gaol sentence if we do.

Anyway, the good news I was posting is the bitch I referred to as Bubbles was sold to a friend of mine who is a newby to the ring. She is looking quite stunning atm, so hope she continues to grow that way.
I wish Brad the best of success in the ring with her.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Congrats - (better late the never lol, been slammed at work) What lovely pictures to boot. :) I can't wait to try my hand at showing a poodle, hubby says no right now though but maybe in another couple of years... if we don't have kids by then :)

Congrats again !

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congrats to you and your poodles! I tried showing years ago and it just wasn't for me, but I certainly envy those who do it and enjoy it!

Sorry you are feeling a bit down, it seems to come with the holidays for many people! Just keep your chin up and give your poodle a big hug...that always cheers me up!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thankyou everyone for your kind words. Thats lovely.

IPP, no unfortunately its not the holidays doing this, but holidays do get me down too. This is about ppl, so called friends. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts