Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am always a bit jealous of the crazy dyes used on some of the white poodles ...

Today poor Annie was lying next to my embroidery floss and I remembered the crazy wraps people used to do when I was in elementary school.

Et voila!

IMG_20210126_143911727.jpg

She wasn't a huge fan of the process but I had fun. I took pity and just tied some strands in on the other side.

I probably won't leave them in long, I worry about mats. But a little bit of fun on a snowy miserable day.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
She looks so cute! I have seen people dye black and blue poodles and it can add an interesting hue to the dark fur. You can always bleach first then dye which looks incredible but is probably very time consuming.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I remember doing that!
Think I could make it boyish enough for Raffi? I could put one around one of his tk cords...

·
Registered
85 Posts
She looks so nice!!!

Reminds me of when I used to make hair ribbons for my Shih Tzus... who cares if it isn’t boyish :) the owner is happy and the pups are happy with all the treats and attention from the happy owner. Hahaha!

·
Premium Member
24,103 Posts
I have always wished I could bleach then dye in a crazy color, but I don't think AKC rules for showing would look kindly on Lily or Javelin having bright pink or blue tails or top knots. The wraps are clever as a solution. And Starla I am happy to see someone else who is as serious as I am about organizing things like embroidery threads and yarns.

Reactions: Starla
1 - 11 of 11 Posts