Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My white toy poodle is about 6 months now. He has beautiful hair which is not curly yet. The top layer is straighter and when I lift his hair up, it is curlier underneath. I am guessing he still has puppy hair, so when will it grow in all curly? He has only been trimmed a touch by his breeder a month ago and trimmed around the face, etc. I haven't wanted to cut his hair yet because he is so adorable looking with all of it- and I assume that once I cut it - the new hair will be much curlier?
Thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
The hair will curl whether you cut it or not. It is hard to part with that soft puppy coat. Sully, SPoodle, was 6-7 months before I started cutting his hair, and 11 months when I took it down into a Miama since coat change had started and it was matting. Lost his crest. He is now a year, leg hair is still straight, body has curl, but nothing like a mature coat yet, and he is about 1/2" long and letting his hair grow out a bit.

As long as you can keep it tangle free, wait as long as you want to cut it. But it will curl. Now would be a good time to have the groomer start trimming it a bit, just to keep a nice poodle outline and shape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts