Poodle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done 2 pluckings ever and I need to wipe them out for a 3rd time.. this happened over the course of a month. It's not that bad of a process and I didn't feel like I was hurting her. It's inexpensive and clean. I'm glad I did.

The gross stuff that your trying to wipe out is the brown stuff. If you are a first time furparent like me and you don't know what to look for... Now you know.

Also, this counts for a close up shot of my poodle. :)

Right (after 2nd plucking):

Right (before):

Left (after 2nd plucking):

Left (before):

She doesn't enjoy it either, here she is hiding:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Her pink ear matches her cute collar.

Your post led me to inspect Violet’s ears- which she did NOT appreciate! Looks like I need to get there and take care of business.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you distinguish between good, protective wax and stuff that actually needs to come out?
I dunno.

The hair and wax in her ear caused a matt that got gross, so something had to change. I couldn't handle hairy ears dispite trying my best as a furparent. The level of care was starting to negatively impact her overall health. Other more experienced poodle owners and members pluck their dogs ears here so I figured it just might help her. So, I got uncomfortable and did it.

She is feeling better overall now, so it's a step in the right direction for us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.