Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom took me to Salt Creek and I got to watch the waterfall for a bit. Then we went for a long hike and I got to rest on a cool rock. I had a great time. See?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
Noelle looks so happy, I think Mom had a good time too.

Reactions: Click-N-Treat

·
Premium Member
22,865 Posts
It looks like you and mom had an awesome day!

Reactions: Click-N-Treat

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Salt Creek used to be called Little Des Plaines River until the mid-19th century when a wagon load of salt dumped over in the water. Dunno if that's true, but it's local legend and we're sticking with it. We'll be going on more hikes once the weather cools off.

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
Hi Noelle
That looks like a really good place to walk. We went on what started as a good walk today, but Mum thought we could walk round the canal basin and the path got narrower and reedier and bramblier and nettlier and more and more difficult till it came to a stop by a big locked gate! So then we had to go across a field and the humans didn't know which way to go and Sophy said she had prickles in her paws and had had ENOUGH so Mum had to carry her for a bit and then it started to rain. But when we got to the road they worked out which way to go (Sophy knew, anyway, and her paws were better once it wasn't prickly any more) and after another mile or so we got back to the car and came home and we've been snoozing ever since. I think next time we should come for a walk with you and your Mum - I bet she doesn't get you lost and stuck in bramble bushes!

Poppy xx

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, we don't get lost. You are always welcome to join me on a hike, Poppy. That sounds like lots of fun. I wouldn't like getting lost in sticker bushes. I hate those. Do you ever get thorns and brambles in your ear hair? I did that yesterday. It was no fun at all.
Love,
Noelle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts