1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missy (Maddie's Dam) will have another litter late January/early
February of miniature poodle puppies. Seeing the stud who mated
with her is in my name, I get pick of the litter (and If I didn't get
pick of the litter, more than likely I would never see the money...
some family that would jip me off!) Anyways, I don't think she should
have been bred, but she's not mine so I have no say so in the matter.

Anyways, my husband has his heart set on a black poodle puppy
of his own if she has another one (she had one black male last time),
were hoping it will be a female because he wants to name it "LuLu."
My husband is an odd one, not too many men love poodles, lol.

But right now I'm just praying my little Maddie will pull through
this terrible parvo and get better, meanwhile Scooter is at
my Mom's house and is getting attatched to her...:shot:

I miss my playful wild poos. :(

·
Registered
554 Posts
Are you still thinking of keeping your payback puppy? I mean after loosing Maddie maybe this was meant to be?

My husband wanted an all black one too...hence Raven joined our pack. But although she has no white hairs on her anywhere I wonder if she is a true black or maybe a "bad one" as she has a bit of a chocolate cast to her black. John loves her either way!

I like the non-solids, but hubby loves the blacks, reds, whites, browns, ect...hence why we have about one of everything. LOL

I hope you are feeling better today...is Scooter back yet?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, my husband still wants one for himself for the payback puppy,
so I suppose we may still be getting one. Scooter is home now and
I'm thinking of finding him a girlfriend, I don't know at this time though...
either that or adopt. :p

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I found this post a little confusing MM. If you didnt want this bitch to be mated and it wasnt up to you, why did you let her use the dog. Sorry not sure if I have missed something. If you own the dog, then you do have that under control. So now I suggest, if its a payback puppy, you dont sign the service certificate if she doesnt fulfil her end of the bargain.

One thing to keep in mind when you own a stud dog. Never sign before you receive the goods or put it on contract.

Best of luck with this.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found this post a little confusing MM. If you didnt want this bitch to be mated and it wasnt up to you, why did you let her use the dog. Sorry not sure if I have missed something. If you own the dog, then you do have that under control. So now I suggest, if its a payback puppy, you dont sign the service certificate if she doesnt fulfil her end of the bargain.

One thing to keep in mind when you own a stud dog. Never sign before you receive the goods or put it on contract.

Best of luck with this.
Sorry if it confused you.

Okay I will ATTEMPT to explain...the stud is in my name, ok?
But he doesn't live with me and they take care of him, due to
when my grandma was alive he got attatched to her and I let
her keep him with her. When she died, he was already a senior
dog and decided to not take him away from the home he knew.
They are control freaks and my grandpa still even treats
my mom who is 40ish like a child, what they say goes.

I will go ahead and take the payback puppy if she has any,
my stud may have not produced any sperm seeing his age...
who knows.

Sorry my family is hard to explain.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
No dont apologised MM. I understand fully. Control freaks. I guess that makes it harder for you, but if they have a kind bone in their body after losing Maddie they should make sure they do give you one. Hugs, and hoping for the best outcome.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No dont apologised MM. I understand fully. Control freaks. I guess that makes it harder for you, but if they have a kind bone in their body after losing Maddie they should make sure they do give you one. Hugs, and hoping for the best outcome.
Yep, right on the dot...control freaks. Oh they WILL give me a puppy,
or there will be hell to pay! :banghead:

·
Registered
554 Posts
I hope that you do get your puppy...this time I would make sure to call them as soon as the pups hit 6 weeks old (IF they tell when they are born) and remind them they are due for their parvo shots.
Maybe even offer to pay for YOUR puppy's shots JUST to make sure! Seeing as that this is the same dam as Maddie's you want to be as safe as you can.

Good luck...any idea when she is due?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope that you do get your puppy...this time I would make sure to call them as soon as the pups hit 6 weeks old (IF they tell when they are born) and remind them they are due for their parvo shots.
Maybe even offer to pay for YOUR puppy's shots JUST to make sure! Seeing as that this is the same dam as Maddie's you want to be as safe as you can.

Good luck...any idea when she is due?
Thanks. I will know when they are born, I visit often. Yes, going
to make sure the new puppy has it's shots...can't go through that
crap again!

She should be due around the end of Jan. or early Feb.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I was just thinking mm, the one thing that worries me due to the parvo your house is now going to give any puppy that enters parvo. I would buy some lime for the whole back and front yard, it has to be a sunny day and sprinkle with water from the hose. Then do again a few days later.

The house you are going to have to white king the whole house, but if you can afford through the vets they have better stuff that kills instantly. Personally I would move homes.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've already bleached the mega hell outta my floors and cleaned
the carpet and everything. Scooter is home now, he has been
vaccinated already, but were going to have it done again just
to make sure for safety reasons. I will make sure this new pup is
fully vaccinated before bringing it home and I can try the lime thing.

·
Registered
554 Posts
We limed the heck out of the whole yard in this house before we moved in...then again this spring. Parvo is very heavy in our area so its all you can do besides being clean and picky about who comes into or near your home or yard!

I would happen to mention to them about the intra nasal vaccines for bordetella that include parvo, some vets say are about the best kind going now since they can be used on younger puppies.

Good luck...there is more stuff besides bleach you can buy from a vets office or pet supply store that is especially for parvo and other canine and feline diseases.

Its more for cleaning kennels but it works for other uses as well! It can be a bit pricey, but well worth it as a big bottle will last you a while and the peace of mind is priceless!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Could I ask (and I'm not being preachy or having any negative to this question) did Maddie have any parvo shots before this happened? The only reason I ask is because I would like to learn more about this for my own Wrigley. I am NOT at all asking to make you feel bad. I'm just wondering if her shots didn't work or if she got some but not all and so that didn't work...
I am right in the middle of puppy shots for Wrigley so I just want to make sure I'm very careful where I take him and where I go after reading about this.
Also, how old was Maddie and how much did she weigh? Would this have made a difference in how the parvo affected her? Wrigley is 13 weeks and 20 pounds.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She didn't have her second round of shots like she was supposed to.
I know your not trying to make me feel bad, and I think it's good to be
curious and ask questions so you are aware of this. It's a terrible disease
and I hope your dog NEVER gets it everrrrr. I'm not sure about the weight
thing, Maddie weighed 4.6 lbs when I took her last to the vet.

Just make sure to keep your dog up to date on vaccinations and make
sure if you get a pup from a breeder it is vaccinated, wormed, and
all that good stuff! ;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks. It has definitely made me think twice about letting time lapse between my older girls and their shots. I've always been okay with getting the puppy shots but I have to admit to being guilty of letting adult dogs be late on theirs. This has made me think twice on that.
The last picture of Maddie that you posted was very sweet. She was a really pretty little girl.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. It has definitely made me think twice about letting time lapse between my older girls and their shots. I've always been okay with getting the puppy shots but I have to admit to being guilty of letting adult dogs be late on theirs. This has made me think twice on that.
The last picture of Maddie that you posted was very sweet. She was a really pretty little girl.
Even though I wish Maddie had never left us, her death was a real
eye opener for dog owners, and that I'm glad of. Cherish, love, and take
the best care of your dogs as possible. I'm glad I was so attatched to
Maddie,even though loosing her almost killed me, I'm happy about the time
I had with her, so many good memories!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts